Tip for using DomainTools' Domain Search Tool

JulienJ

I use quite a few tools from DomainTools. One of the tools I like best for prospecting is the Domain Search tool. This tool allows me to see all of the domain registrations in a specific keyword, making it easier to target prospective buyers who own domain names with a keyword similar to mine.

To give you an example, I own KitchenConsultant.com. I think other businesses with longer tail domain names might want to upgrade to KitchenConsultant.com. For instance, if someone owned BestKitchenConsultant.com or KitchenConsultantNYC.com, they might want to purchase the domain name my company owns. Searching “kitchenconsultant” will yield all of the registered domain names with that particular search term.

One thing I like to do when using this tool is to alter my keyword a bit to broaden the number of prospects. Instead of searching “kitchenconsultant,” I will change it to “kitchenconsult.” The benefit to doing this is that domain names that have KitchenConsulting in them will also be shown. This is also a helpful tip for longer tail domain names as well, where you leave off one keyword. In addition, this would work well to substitute out one of the keywords. For instance, if you own a legal domain name with “lawyer” in it, you could either search “law” for a broader search or you could exchange “attorney” in place of “lawyer.”

Perhaps this is an obvious tip, but you would be surprised at what seems obvious to me is a game changing tip for someone else. I would also imagine there are some people who use DomainTools religiously but don’t really play around with this particular tool.

Source

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Domaining Tip: Kassey Lee on using End user research to buy domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Kassey Lee shares his expired domains tip for finding valuable domains Resources 0
domainking131 Domain registration can tip hands Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Tip to check if your potential buyer has already used Escrow.com Resources 3
domainking131 The one tip startup founders need to know about tracking down domain name owners Resources 3
anquest CO.CLUB Sells@$5.7K, Tip.CLUB $4.6K, LA.CLUB $3.5K, NY.CLUB $3.5K, UK.CLUB $3.5K | SEDO Sales New GTLDs 0
domainking131 A tip to convince buyer for your domain name Resources 0
W "Now let me give you a marketing tip" Watch the short video (I had forgotten this Gem The Lounge 0
domainking131 Security tip while Flipping!! A must know for every domainer. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
chandan TIP.co.in Domain Appraisals 1
S An easy tip to keep derpression at bay. The Lounge 1
Prashant Sharan Alvin Brown on how to search GoDaddy Domain Auctions using the “old” API Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Amazon is branding using .AWS.Will this kickstart a new trend ? New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas saved money using the GoDaddy Discount Domain Club.Let's see how. Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton on using domain escrow service to scare scammers Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on downside of using generic keyword for branding Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Harman Singh on profitable domain investing using digital marketing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Websites using .ZA ccTLD required to link to SA Coronavirus website Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Tutorial: Tracking Verisign’s monthly top popular keywords using DomainScope API Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Using 4.cn to see domain sales in China Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The Queen doesn't like Harry using sussexroyal.com Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Vine's successor Byte is using Byte.CO Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Using quantitative methods for domain Investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast : Doron Vermaat on using for-sale only domain name landers. Resources 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Tutorial on how to register and purchase a domain using GoDaddy API Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Chris Zuiker warns investors of using "this" domain extension Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Email phishing campaign using legitimate TLD to evade spam filters Resources 0
Prashant Sharan NBCU brings forth “LX”, a new television service – Using LX.com Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Using DAN.com for domain payments Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's talk on Using tools to better track domain sales funnel Resources 0
Aubits Indian Brands using Generic Phrases/Keywords - .IN and .CO.IN General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
Prashant Sharan Some tips on using the Lead Generator tool Resources 0
Prashant Sharan It seems that GoDaddy is using AdWords to Advertise New Extensions Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Use caution using expired domain name metric Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Target seems to be using Logo “Emoji” for Domain Name Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN is using Playmobil figures to illustrate its multistakeholder model principles! Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan An Analysis: Using FB for buying and selling domains profitably? Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Donuts’ .Dating Registry to Benefit from Niche Dating Site Using Trump Politics New GTLDs 0
JulienJ Preventing domain name spoofing and email fraud using DMARC Resources 0
domainking131 New scam using a .com IDN domain, a .site domain and Viber The Lounge 0
domainking131 How to Validate Your Start-Up Idea Using Landing Pages Webmaster Forum 0
domainking131 Roomi raises $11m - Using RoomiApp.com Non-Indian Domains 0
Parth Which hosting company are you using right now? Hosting 6
domainking131 New GoDaddy phishing email and website using a domain registered at GoDaddy! Registrars 1
ritchie Using twitter Marketing Your Website 9
dibon Using a coach/consultant Marketing Your Website 2
tulip Using compelling titles Marketing Your Website 1
Aubits Using .COM.CN vs .CN Prices to Project .CO.IN and .IN Price Relationship General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
marsh Using the Google keyword tool Marketing Your Website 6
domainking131 Newton.co.in - International consultancy using a .co.in General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1