Tip for using DomainTools' Domain Search Tool

IT.com

JulienJ

I use quite a few tools from DomainTools. One of the tools I like best for prospecting is the Domain Search tool. This tool allows me to see all of the domain registrations in a specific keyword, making it easier to target prospective buyers who own domain names with a keyword similar to mine.

To give you an example, I own KitchenConsultant.com. I think other businesses with longer tail domain names might want to upgrade to KitchenConsultant.com. For instance, if someone owned BestKitchenConsultant.com or KitchenConsultantNYC.com, they might want to purchase the domain name my company owns. Searching “kitchenconsultant” will yield all of the registered domain names with that particular search term.

One thing I like to do when using this tool is to alter my keyword a bit to broaden the number of prospects. Instead of searching “kitchenconsultant,” I will change it to “kitchenconsult.” The benefit to doing this is that domain names that have KitchenConsulting in them will also be shown. This is also a helpful tip for longer tail domain names as well, where you leave off one keyword. In addition, this would work well to substitute out one of the keywords. For instance, if you own a legal domain name with “lawyer” in it, you could either search “law” for a broader search or you could exchange “attorney” in place of “lawyer.”

Perhaps this is an obvious tip, but you would be surprised at what seems obvious to me is a game changing tip for someone else. I would also imagine there are some people who use DomainTools religiously but don’t really play around with this particular tool.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom