Complete List of Indian Domain Name Sales

IT.com
Sedo auctions sometimes don't go the way we want. This could give a hint for future sellers on Sedo auctions.

I would bet its a foreign buyer, Indian companies are not generally ready to pay such prices for domains. It could take a decade.

Who do you think will be the new owner of this one? Between:

a) A domainer
b) An Indian company
c) A foreign company

My bet is c, but I am kind of hoping it will be b :p

Is it actually safe to buy such a domain for several thousands after some controversial verdicts in the past where pure generic names were taken over (like hotels.in, jobs.in or honey.in) in very suspicious way. What if someone has an Indian trademark for the word Hosting and they claim it from the buyer? Or someone running hosting.org.in or similar site and claim the rights to hosting.in. Was something recently changed to improve it and make it safer for investing into .in domains?

Is it actually safe to buy such a domain for several thousands after some controversial verdicts in the past where pure generic names were taken over (like hotels.in, jobs.in or honey.in) in very suspicious way. What if someone has an Indian trademark for the word Hosting and they claim it from the buyer? Or someone running hosting.org.in or similar site and claim the rights to hosting.in. Was something recently changed to improve it and make it safer for investing into .in domains?

It's good question. I hope the Indian authorities who deal with domain disputes have "matured" and become more reasonable than those awful decisions some years ago.

By the way, reading a thread over at one of the other forums, it is clear that the latest bid of $5,2K was made by a domainer...

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Question, but Hosting.in is a safe domain to purchase by anyone. There will not be any problem at all. And am sure this domain is not going to be purchased by Domainer or Foreign Domain Investment Company.

Majority of Indians are still not aware of Domaining or the value of Domains or Internet Traffic, that is why many premium .IN domains are selling for cheap, like this one.

Regards
Danish K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Question, but Hosting.in is a safe domain to purchase by anyone. There will not be any problem at all. And am sure this domain is not going to be purchased by Domainer or Foreign Domain Investment Company.

Majority of Indians are still not aware of Domaining or the value of Domains or Internet Traffic, that is why many premium .IN domains are selling for cheap, like this one.

If someone by Hosting.in and even re-direct it to HostGator.com Affiliate link, they can earn $50-$125 per sale. And this domain is bound to get natural traffic in high numbers. Hence its an safe bet and good investment.

Regards
Danish K.

Why would this name be any safer than the ones that were "taken" before.

The question has been asked already- has anything changed?

We came to know that same is going to be in litigation so this is desperate sale ?

Please donot buy very legal process will start on domain name..... hosting.in.. registrant knows it well so he kept USD 5000 as reserve.

We came to know that same is going to be in litigation so this is desperate sale ?

Please donot buy very legal process will start on domain name..... hosting.in.. registrant knows it well so he kept USD 5000 as reserve.

@indweb

i'm the owner of hosting(.)in. what makes you think that there will be a dispute for this domain? i never recieved any complaint/lawsuit/email/letter.

So you want to get it without competition, right?

support it with any documents/reference,,

else it is just dispersing blabber
inconsequentio and irksome..even fragrant maybe :(

Trademark or strong brand is must if somebody challenges domain name like hosting.in .

As far as Indian Trademark registry is concern today we have checked and found that there are atleast 4 trademark which is NOT simillar to hosting but near simillar to hosting (like webhosting and other) even we found word mark on " webhosting " dated 1984 (This is amazing) own by India's well known pencil manufacturing company .

Now for hosting.in we donot think that above will pose any great threat, but as far as Indian law is concern trademark like " webhosting " can create some trouble like if somebody file case in court on hosting.in, this domain can stuck in litigation which can run for years ?

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH DOMAIN NAME HOSTING.IN AND WE WISH ALL THE BEST TO THE OWNER FOR THE SALE.
ABOVE IS JUST OUR OPINION AND POSSIBILITES WHICH WE SHARED WITH THIS FORUM MEMBERS.

@indweb

i'm the owner of hosting(.)in. what makes you think that there will be a dispute for this domain? i never recieved any complaint/lawsuit/email/letter.

The posts that has no supporting evidence should be removed.

We are having a similar situation where-in our domain, a generic word is a trademark owned by a popular company.

Words like 'Ads', 'College' are trademarked and they pose a threat to the .in's

I was also told, big corporates pay bribes to trademark officials in getting their generic names trademarked.

I hope the INDRP can consider such cases and refuse to take litigation on generic words that are used in good faith.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom