Complete List of Indian Domain Name Sales

IT.com
the same thing you are doing now :p no mention of real names :confused:

No, not the same thing.

If I claimed that I sold several .cc names for five figures or more but I couldn't say what because of NDA, would you believe me?

There are a few people here on this forum who know me personally, know my background, know my history. I don't come on here to 'make claims'- there aren't many people here relevant to what I do and those that are already know me personally.

Indian domains are a fun hobby to me, that's all... but I have no problem drawing from my experience in .com domaining to call out obvious bullshit when I see it. I've been around this for a while and the "I MADE A HUGE DOMAIN SALE BUT I CANNOT SAY BECAUSE OF NDA!" bit of fiction is as old as the game itself... It fuels more likewise BS.

Wise people ignore this nonsense and focus on their bottom line. Others are more concerned with their egos and are perfectly willing to fabricate grand tales of huge sales that cannot be proven, just to fluff their ego. They're the domaining version of Walter Mitty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other single domain sales :

tool.in - $5k
aet.in - 2.2k$ i think to a geramn company..

By the way, Guys i never promoted much. Keep regging good one word generic terms.

Indian domains are a fun hobby to me, that's all... but I have no problem drawing from my experience in .com domaining to call out obvious bullshit when I see it. I've been around this for a while and the "I MADE A HUGE DOMAIN SALE BUT I CANNOT SAY BECAUSE OF NDA!" bit of fiction is as old as the game itself... It fuels more likewise BS.

Indian domains are my hobby too.
I know that .com sells.
But don't fool people with your gibberish.
.in also sells and the future is bright for .in
It is already better than .us

chennaionline-dot-in $1100
fortune-dot-co-dot-in $1250
logodesign-dot-in $1150

Just some of the sales to Indian end users.
Some of the bigger sales are bound by NDA

Indian domains are my hobby too.
It is already better than .us

That's because our ccTLD may as well be .com.
.us is 'special' as a ccTLD. There's a significant reason it under-performs as it does in terms of aftermarket pricing.

I might have held tight on Fortune // co // in, but you can't begrudge anyone for taking a profit. Plenty of names I've 'held out for higher prices' on, the higher prices never came.

i forgot another one cloudcomputing.in for $5k

want to list more.. but running out of beer here.. have to take nap

We are moving to different stream of business, so i had to sold. We always thought of developing sites but as u know it wont happen always.

In my opinion developing a .in domain will give 10 times more return than just regging a domain n looking for the buyer.

We developed many one word and 2 word names and with small efforts you can rank them with in 3 to 4 months.. Thats it.. You can see the money and offers
coming in.

You can easily beat Management.com with management.in for google india searches.

Last edited by a moderator:
We may missed some top generics, but still we can register very good one word and 2 word domains with good exact search volume.

Ranking for these domains is a cake walk.. Many are not understanding the logic.. There is no competition yet in Indian market to rank..

simple example : i just typed online mba in google.co.in , see where is your site ?, You know how much money it is making..

simple example : i just typed online mba in google.co.in , see where is your site ?, You know how much money it is making..
Hehe , i'm paying xxx $ pm in seo to keep it there.

But yes, its making a decent sum :D and your logic is correct.

to say honestly, i do not require a single penny to rank it and i will not pay single penny to any one for links are other.

May be a $500 budget for content & little bit of seo.. it will give you $500 every month..

as u know searches will grow, you remain no 1 if you add more quality content and you will generate more money.. End of the day domain value will grow and you need not cry for so called end users.. do u need to ?

to say honestly, i do not require a single penny to rank it and i will not pay single penny to any one for links are other.

May be a $500 budget for content & little bit of seo.. it will give you $500 every month..

as u know searches will grow, you remain no 1 if you add more quality content and you will generate more money.. End of the day domain value will grow and you need not cry for so called end users.. do u need to ?

Lets take the discussion on PM and let this thread stay put on indian domain name sales.

Haha Yep.. It is a sales thread, I drunk too much it seems lol johnny walker blue label is quite good ..

Well, We sold 200 triple premium .in's for $10k for a bulk price.$50 each.

In my opinion if you can not hold them for 5 years, better to sell at reseller price.

diapers.co.in $20,000 @sedo.com

Very nice sale indeed.
Now that's an end user price.

Smart move, considering the sale of various .COMs:

http://www.thedomains.com/2010/11/16/diapers-eu-and-soap-tw-sell-for-over-5k-each-in-wake-of-amazons-com-purchase/

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gname
Top Bottom