Complete List of Indian Domain Name Sales

IT.com
Congrats nick - well done! Can you share how the sale process started - were you approached, etc?

For both the domains (123.in and welcome.in), I had received several offers in the sub 1000 range. As the offers were flowing in, I was actually waiting for a good offer (5k+). I guess perseverance pays off.

Most of my .in domains are listed for sale at SEDO and they are a gr8 marketplace (can't say that about their ppc)

I've just found at that Atom.in sold in February 2008 for 2,400 Eur.

It looks like it was sold to an enduser - and the owner of Atom.su.

Here are some more recent Sedo sales:

ika.in - $1500
trivandrum.in - $1000

Last edited by a moderator:
$1500 sale

Hey

Looks like .in is taking off . Sold first .in domain for $1500 few days ago.
Cannot say name im afraid but was not lll or llll or anything ,just a name.
Lets hope things keep going as seems there is more interest in
.in lately.

DG

Hello Ceres,

thank you for your welcome!

Yes, you are right, sedo has reported this sale. I don't know if we can trust this sale. I have seen reported sales by sedo in the past, which had not happened in the end.

@ gentlesavage

Yes, that is me :) . But please don't post my real name here.
I had regged the domain as it was free to register.

Best regards
Bonden

Hi Bonden - welcome to INForum!

That's a strange situation - I'll see what more I can find out.

The domain was originally registered December 7, 2006. It looks like it was dropped December 7, 2008 and then you registered it when it dropped.

The previous owner seems to be a webmaster and a bit of a domainer. He looks like he's alive and well - very strange he would let it drop if he had paid $10K for it (or he could have bought it from someone who paid $10K).

I wonder if this is one of those transactions where a domain is "sold" to a friend for a high price to try to increase the value of the domain (or the domain extension).

All in all, it's very strange. Thanks for alerting us to it. I think perhaps we should put a footnote on the chart letting people know this.

I see redtube.in is in auction on Sedo with currently 1 bid at 2000 euro and 1 day 20 hours to go.

Wouldn't the bidder just lose this domain in an INDRP case? RedTube is a registered trademark used in association with adult entertainment services and products.

I would think the INDRP would be a slam dunk.

According to Sedo, the domain has received 3,752 uniques in the last month. The buyer may just be gambling that they can make their money back and more before an INDRP.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom