QRG.in INDRP Decision a DISASTER

IT.com

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
Absolute tragedy - the quality of response cannot determine the decision of a Arbitrator - this one was a pathetic fall over by someone ignorant of the law and application of the 3 part rule to the fullest - this panelist should be removed IMO

TYPING MISTAKES INCLUDE REFERENCING THE CO.IN on occasion

NIXI obviously has a LOW QUALITY THRESHOLD IN SELECTING THESE ARBITRATORS - PATHETICALLY LOW.

https://registry.in/system/files/qrgin.PDF

I'm not sure I agree - if the respondent gives up, then it is not the arbitrator's job to put up a defence for the respondent.

I'm not sure I agree - if the respondent gives up, then it is not the arbitrator's job to put up a defence for the respondent.

Its the arbitrators job to judiciously apply the principles of law and the guidelines to meet the minimum threshold required to prove the three INDRP conditions are met satisfactorily the burden to prove which is the COMPLAINANTS not the respondants.

This IMO has not happened in this case.

Per procedural rules as below the Arbitrator failed

An Arbitrator shall be and remain at all times impartial and independent is the rule 6/i per NIXI

Per Rule 8

a. An Arbitrator shall conduct the arbitration proceeding in such manner as it considers appropriate in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996, Dispute Resolution Policy, the Rules of Procedure and any bye-laws, rules and guidelines framed thereunder.

b. In all cases, the Arbitrator shall ensure that the Parties are treated with equality and that each Party is given a fair opportunity to present its case.

c. Every Arbitrator shall ensure that the arbitration proceedings takes place with due expedition.

Rule 8 a went out the window in this case because he was incompetent to the core and ignorant of law

This matter was settled outside INDRP and this arbitrator perhaps to claim has USD 500 in fees simply created this order which is baseless and copied most of content from an earlier ruling in Jan 2017 for QRG.co.in where same gaffes have been committed.

Like I said poor governance makes dot INs erode in value.

I think this case is interesting regarding the quality of the LLL.in here. A name like qrg.in would have been appraised on the low side by most .in domainers, but here we see a company paying/willing to pay a decent sum to take ownership via INDRP. The point is, with regards to LLL.in, alot of value is based on the buyer's need and perception, and not always "technicals".

Yes but it also reflects on the ignorant "domain traders" who flip for peanuts and run for cover on a email notice even before an INDRP is filed let alone fight a INDRP with reasonable response. The whole "dot IN ecosystem" is screwed up...IMO

Yes but it also reflects on the ignorant "domain traders" who flip for peanuts and run for cover on a email notice even before an INDRP is filed let alone fight a INDRP with reasonable response
Those people exist in every domain extension. Its sometimes a strategy that works for some people, and sometimes its due to short sightedness(quick smaller profit vs more patient bigger profit). Look on the flipside- they sometimes sell people like u and me great gems for cheap prices. Nice to be a buyer in those situations. Tbh though, there has been a slight change in .in with regards to flipping- most of the names flipped these days are not that good, or the prices are not cheap when they are. There has been progress.

The whole "dot IN ecosystem" is screwed up...IMO
Just like cryptos, the best time to jump in is when things are "screwed up". Once they become stable and unscrewed the price to enter won't be tenable for many. Profit margins will also be considerably less.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom