Domain Parking

Discussion in 'Parking' started by tansks, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Jeff
    • Staff / Moderator

Jeff Canada Administrator Staff Member

Re: Parking Pages in Google

Aussie - you can always put them up for sale and see what sort of offers you get. Some of your domains are definitely worth holding onto.

2. gmiller

gmiller New Member

Home Page:
    Hi All,
    Any one can tell me which is better TLD for India .co.in or .in. To which TLD search engine will give preference for India.
    ________
    Rhode island marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  3. newyorkdude

newyorkdude New Member

@gmiller, Think about it: which would you rather type if you're at a keyboard or if you are surfing on a cellphone?

4. kussy

kussy India Member

You have a point, but I would like to contradict.
    For example - If i want to go to google.com or any other dot com, i just type in the name in the address bar and press ctrl+enter. That way i save my time typing in the '.com'. Now if we go by your point then the .com would not hold much value. I hope you understand what i am trying to express.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
  5. newyorkdude

newyorkdude New Member

Yes, I get you. Frequently used addresses can be stored. But what about first time visitors? If you run a website devoted to repeat visitors (like a discussion group such as inforum.in) they probably all are push button. But if you want new visitors, the easiest name to type gets more visitors. If you want to sell something, the shorter the better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
  6. LLL.in King

LLL.in King United States Well-Known Member

my indian traffic's CPC is usually in the $0.01-$0.04 range,but some names with well targetted traffic sometimes range between $0.08-$0.13. I think its encouraging..

7. kussy

kussy India Member

Wouldnt the two letter extensions (.co,.cm) be more valuable/popular than the .com?
    That is not happening because the .com is a well established extension. People will type in keyword+.com. Not keyword+.cm
    In the same way .co.in is a quite an established extension. People will type in keyword+.co.in (Atleast people from India)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
  8. gmiller

gmiller New Member

Home Page:
    I think domain parking is a very good option for reserving any domain at very low cost.
    ________
    Southern pussy

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  9. Close your eyes and go with sedo
    They are the best as i tried multiple peoples

10. indy

indy United States .intrepreneur

Home Page:
    Wanted to invite all inforum members to platform.in - Indian Advertising Network. In a nutshell, its a domain monetization platform targeted to .in domains giving the domain owner control over the ads displayed on their site.

You can create a publisher account and add as many domains as you like on the network (.in preferred). You can also create an advertiser account, and place ads across your own domains. At the top of your parked page, it will give users 3 options (BUY, RENT or ADVERTISE).

An advertiser can then BUY your domain (where you are sent an email with the interested parties information), RENT your domain (You can negotiate directly with the interested party) or ADVERTISE on your domain (all revenue generated through advertising is split 50/50 between yourself and Platform.in).

Some examples of parked domains in our network can be found here:

buses.in
    flowerdelivery.in
    buyre.in
    gaadi.in
    shopshoes.in
    buysweets.in
    buygolf.in
    prepaid.in
    heera.in

To start you off ... when creating an advertiser account, use coupon code inforum2500july to get RS. 2500 advertising credit which can be applied towards placing ads on your own domain or other domains in the network. This coupon will expire on July 31 so as long as you apply it to your account prior to July 31st, the credits will remain in your advertiser account.

Should you have any questions about the platform or how it works, feel free to reach out on this forum or here.

Looking forward to working with you.

Best,

Indy Singh

11. mukta

mukta Italy Domain Investor

Home Page:
    Hello,

any update about the best parking company for indian domains nowadays?

I was with bodis with good results till december 15, after that date something has changed in their system and the revenue have dropped to half.

I'm looking for other parking companies for indian domains.

Thanks in advance

12. nitro

nitro Member

Bodis is still a good choice. A few days ago, they announced that they will change their reporting. From now on, the revenue is finalized within 48 hours. After that, the earnings appear in your reports. So, be patient: the money is already earned, but not yet visible.

Regards
    nitro

13. mukta

Home Page:
    Hi Nitro, thanks for your reply.

I hope that the revenue for the last 2 days are only partial but the red asterisk to indicate the temporary stats is not next to the stats in the last 2 days (which means that the stat values should be considered final).

14. mukta

Home Page:
    Hi,

some days after the changes seems that bodis is not so good as before for indian domains, any alternative?

Thanks in advance

15. CyberKing

CyberKing India Domain Investor

We have been using VooDoo.com for 30 days to study traffic ourselves..customer service is great - Google is their primary ad server (decides a lot)...the controls, SEO optimization etc is good. The Magic Folders are a great feature. They have not yet provisioned ZERO CLICK (which is anyway a nightmare)...opted out of it.

Still debating if we should set-up our own parking site...which is also an option.

16. mukta

Home Page:
    Hi,

yes, I also moved almost all my domains to voodoo some weeks ago, good results for some indian domains.

Regards

17. ujjwal swami

ujjwal swami New Member

Home Page:
    try afternic domain parking results are good.