Complete List of Indian Domain Name Sales

IT.com
"I respect your initial offer, but it is far too low. I am looking in the neighbourhood of $5000 for this domain.

If this is not a range that you are comfortable with in setting up your new business, then I suggest you look elsewhere and purchase a different domain name."

Then let them stew

(Probably) The last reported domain sale of 2014 was CellPhone.in for US$500.00, which was on auction had its transaction completed. So another sale to increase the count by 1. Will compile stats for 2014 , which turned out to be a good year post June.

WebShop.IN finished for Euro 250 on SEDO auction without any further bids.

UPDATE
BRILL.IN is on Auction on SEDO starting at Euro 350 https://sedo.com/auction/auction_de...gOrigin=&auction_id=183683&origin=&language=e

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the trends of .in sales over the years:

YEAR
TOTAL
AVERAGEMEDIAN

The graph here:

Median-and-Average-by-Year.png

@Ace, as always appreciate your effort, probably the first in the IN space, a few feedback items based on my observations:

a) As with any TLD several private sales are not included (even among dot COMs) - what we dont know we dont know.
b) One private sale (BestPrice.in) for 10K was confirmed by me with the buyer and could be included
c) I hopped over to dnpric.es and took a quick look (they have 49 recorded sales) - however some of those are not on your list like carsy.in, blueco.in and smoothie.in to name a few (Stats by year | DNPric.es)
d) What happened to the cars.co.in sale (I thought that was 2014?) for 30K?

However trends indicate very selective buying and one or two sales (angel.in) that have skewed the averages...other wise ccTLD (especially dot IN) desperately needs a marketing push - especially in the nTLD age! Got to position IN for INTERNET!

Thank you for your questions. Always gives me reason to think :)

@Ace, as always appreciate your effort, probably the first in the IN space, a few feedback items based on my observations:

a) As with any TLD several private sales are not included (even among dot COMs) - what we dont know we dont know.

Correct, I do not think its possible to get a comprehensive list. Even DNJ is not comprehensive.

b) One private sale (BestPrice.in) for 10K was confirmed by me with the buyer and could be included

I wanted to include that, but being 10K in amount was too high to put in there without some sort of proof and only word of the seller. There are lots of claimed sales which turned out to be false. Earlier I used to include sales by mere mentions, but I think if we need this industry to gain in reputation, we need to include names with proofs. So this year, including names with proof only.

c) I hopped over to dnpric.es and took a quick look (they have 49 recorded sales) - however some of those are not on your list like carsy.in, blueco.in and smoothie.in to name a few (Stats by year | DNPric.es)

Most of those names you mentioned are like under 150. Some of the names listed there did not even have transaction completed, just auction completed. Not sure if we would want to list them. Also we have double the listed sales of dnpric.es . I think its helfpul to be specialized towards .in domains :)

d) What happened to the cars.co.in sale (I thought that was 2014?) for 30K?

Sorry, not tracking .co.in. Those are very few in number.

However trends indicate very selective buying and one or two sales (angel.in) that have skewed the averages...other wise ccTLD (especially dot IN) desperately needs a marketing push - especially in the nTLD age! Got to position IN for INTERNET!

The 89 sales reported for 2014, it would be worthwhile to point out that ~65% of sales occurred post June (after Govt. change). So, going by the trend, you should see lot more sales this year (touch wood !!). Although it would help if .in promoted the domains.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom