A smart brokerage pitch from Afternic

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Better lead follow up is worth the commission.

Domainers tend to gripe about paying commissions to marketplaces, especially when the lead was generated from a link on their own parking page.

This makes sense. If you, the domainer, generated the lead, why should you pay a marketplace a fat commission?

I think there are two ways that marketplaces can “earn” their commission:

1. The marketplace generates the lead. This can either be from someone searching on the marketplace for a domain, or (more likely) from distributing the listings to registrars. This is a high value for domain name sellers.

2. They do a better job handling the lead than you would. In this case, it means a faster response (preferably by phone) than you can provide as well as better follow up.

I received an email marketing pitch from Afternic today that smartly addresses the second value add.

Source

What do you think?
According to me, its worth it since I won;t go around selling domain names over phone!

wot

Country flag
They did not put too much effort in to one of mine when I gave them permission to contact the offering "buyer".

Mind you it was a $x,xxx name and a $20 offer from China! :)

The deal did not complete. :rolleyes:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver's smart marketing encounter Resources 0
domainking131 Broker-less Trading Platform Brings Perpetual Liquidity, Smart Options to Bitcoin Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Smart geo TLD marketing by .NYC New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Buy Smart and Be Patient: The story behind Mike Mann's domaining empire The Lounge 1
anquest Earth.WORKS Sells @ $11.25K / Smart.WATCH $9.5K / Fang.TOP $9.8K / News.TOP $9.5K | DNJ TOP 20 New GTLDs 0
DomainSherpa DomainSherpa Review – May 25: It’s New gTLD Week: Moving.supplies, Smart.glass, Luxury.gifts… The Lounge 0
CyberKing Cisco to Transform Bangalore's Electronics City Into a Smart City The Lounge 0
W That is smart thinking: http://www.thedomains.com/2014/07/02/creator-of-bitcoin-proto Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Mastering Internet Marketing for smart people Resources 2
wot Smart Mobile Phones package -$30,000 For Sale 0
Digital Pandit MediaOptions finds a new partner in DAN.COM for domain brokerage Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Imperial.com is the new high-end domain brokerage Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Sedo routes its brokerage service through domain name registrars Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Prime Loyalty and Grit Brokerage pair up to sell Client.com and Clients.com Registrars 0
Digital Pandit You can buy “LUG.COM” exclusively from TLD Brokerage Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit NameSilo has revenues of $7.85 M and is gearing up with domain brokerage system Registrars 0
DNJournal.com Phenomenal Outing for Phenom.com - Brokerage Banks Over $750,000 With 4 of Week's Top 5 Sales The Lounge 0
Digital Pandit Stubborn Sellers: Why is the Uniregistry Brokerage Worth the 15% Commission? Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Uniregistry Brokerage: Where Your Money Goes Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Brokerage: Million $$ domains for sale at Lumis Registrars 0
DNJournal.com VIP Brokerage Tops This Week's Domain Sales Chart with Year's First Reported 7-Figure Sale The Lounge 1
domainking131 Name Experts, LLC Announces Launch of Domain Brokerage Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Brannan’s domain brokerage recently closed several significant deals Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Giuseppe Graziano launches Domain Brokerage firm GGRG.com Resources 2
the_poet Is there anything such as an Indian Domain Brokerage service? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
F Domain Brokerage Site. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0