What is the best book you ahe read about success?

Rob101

I have read quite a few books in my spare time about success, but very few have been as good as the four hour week. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn how to get more done in less time.

Jason76

I liked the books written by Robert Kiyosaki, even though I wouldn't advise anyone to take his advice without doing more research. He definitely gives people a different outlook on making money. It's certainly well worth the time to browse thru his book Rich Dad Poor Dad at the very least.

tulip

I haven't read any other of Robert Kiyosaki's book apart from 'Rich Dad Poor Dad' and I agree that you cannot just apply everything without some research. Thanks for that suggestion Jeff; it's definitely worth a read!

Britney

I've read a lot of books about success in business and in life and my personal favorite actually doesn't talk about skill knowledge or things like that directly, but rather about self-knowledge which leads you to success in every area of your life. The book is called Ask and it is Given, by Esther Hicks.

marsh

Not quite a book about success, but will definitely help you become more successful - Gorilla Mindset: How to Control Your Thoughts and Emotions to Live Life on Your Terms:

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Mindset-Control-Thoughts-Emotions-ebook/dp/B0100Q4S7E
This is definitely a good read. I mostly read books that are non-fiction but not necessarily those revolving around success. I feel that you can still read these books but what matters most is how much of these principles you'll apply practically.

Britney

I think it the book you mentioned 'Gorilla Mindset' is all about success. Our thoughts create our feelings or emotions. Our emotions influence our behavior, reactions and responses to whatever is happening around us, and our reaction determines our results in life. So basically, our thoughts and emotions are the most important factors in our success or failure in creating a successful and productive life. Sad that most people don't realize that....

ritchie

I have read quite a few books in my spare time about success, but very few have been as good as the four hour week. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn how to get more done in less time.
Not only have I downloaded this book; I have also just started reading it. Going through the preface, this looks like a book that will challenge my way of thinking and spur growth. Thank you!

tulip

Just out of curiousity, how easy is it to apply the fundamentals that we normally pick from such books? How often do you remember to implement what you have learnt? Success is a long journey, characterized by challenges and I think we all have to be ready to encounter them.

Simone

Hi, Tulip. I'm actually quite glad you asked that question. A lot of people think that it's hard to implement these kind of life transforming concepts in their everyday lives, but the opposite is true. It's just a matter of finding a way to keep reminding yourself to implement it until your brain becomes conditioned and the routine becomes a part of your life (an ingrained habit.)

For example, you could use 'handles' as a prompt (door handles, car door handles, cupboard handles, cup handles - and so on.) Every time you touch a handle, ask yourself, "How am I 'handling' this moment right now?" and sooner or later your brain will be conditioned to do this even without the prompt from the handles.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas find this book as the summer's best one on domain investing Resources 0
V What's the best way to buy a bunch of domains and fill the space for my project? The Lounge 2
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's take on TechRadar's "Best Registrar" article Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Alvin Brown picks July's best podcasts Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The best of the best domain investing resources handpicked by James Iles Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !!! : Laura Roeder on the best way to pick a company name Resources 0
DomainFQ.com $20 Each, BigDue.com |PassengerTaxi.com | BettingoddsTv.com |shoppe.best | Raws.xyz Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Three Best Rated wins UDRP against ThreeBestRated.com.au Legal Issues and Dispute 0
L 12+ years aged domain | ClickToCall.org | Best for VoIP Business | $1 NO RESERVE at Flippa External Auctions 1
Prashant Sharan Best podcast downloads for February Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton on the best time to respond to inbound offers Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Which are the best Chinese registrars? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan The best domaining stories from 2019 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : The best of December 2019 Resources 0
J Choosing Best Hosting Services Hosting 0
Prashant Sharan John Colascione: SEO rankings can weaken over time; Use only best URL New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton about Best Black Friday deals for Domain Investors in 2019 Resources 0
Prashant Sharan BEST options according to Morgan Linton if your company does not have a .com Resources 0
DomainFQ.com Janet.Best | JanetBest | Non-India Related Domains 0
DomainFQ.com Barbara.Best | BarbaraBest | Non-India Related Domains 0
DomainFQ.com Hunt.Best | Hunt Best | HuntBest |#HuntBest Non-India Related Domains 0
L Singer.best | $1 only | NO RESERVE External Auctions 1
Prashant Sharan 2019 best registrar poll - NameSilo emerges as the winner Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan The best domain selling tricks Non-India Related Domains 0
J Best CMS for website design nowadays Webmaster Forum 0
J Best Technique for Business Branding Webmaster Forum 1
Prashant Sharan RAYMOND HACKNEY's opinion about the best registrar in 2019 and why Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Jon Nevett Seeks to Position .ORG as the Best TLD, Period Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan NamesCon Global 2019's Trend Report - The Next Best Thing Resources 0
DomainFQ.com Domain @ $99 Best Domains For Sale 0
Prashant Sharan The best and the worst sale of the past week - 8th to 14th October,2018 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Read and Comment : Which is the best paid software/service that you would recommend? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan For Beginners: The best learning source for domaining as per you Non-Indian Domains 1
Prashant Sharan The best and the worst sale of the past week - 1st to 7th October,2018 Non-Indian Domains 0
J Best way to creating backlinks Webmaster Forum 6
L OpenICOs.com | Best domain for ICO Market External Auctions 2
D Best home security system for indian domain investors Legal Issues and Dispute 0
L [8+ hours | Best Cryptocurrency related | 14+ years aged] BYTES.info External Auctions 0
JulienJ Mining Bitcoin in the US? Best Do It In Louisiana, Study Says Cryptocurrencies 0
S Which web hosting company provides best affiliate program Hosting 1
Mikhaela Your Best Experience Marketing Your Website 2
Mikhaela Best ways to make money in the domain business. Business and Economy 3
Mikhaela Best hosting price Hosting 2
Saki Which is the best? Marketing Your Website 1
tulip Best WordPress themes Websites 2
Dusart Best Freelancing platform for hiring webmasters Webmaster Forum 3
Mallard Best free email providers? Webmaster Forum 7
JackD Best Letters for LLLL .in domain names? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
Simone Best lead magnet for noobs Marketing Your Website 3
Mallard Best sites for video? Development Options 8