Wait for 6 months if you wish to apply for Google Adsense!!!

IT.com

pubdomains.in

This would certainly be discouraging for those who want to start now.

In some locations, including China and India, we also require publishers to have owned their sites for 6 months. We've taken this step to ensure the quality of our advertising network and protect the interests of our advertisers and existing publishers.

Read MORE

Do you think it is appropriate to point out India and China by Google? Isn't SPAM a global pandemic and not a local to India phenomenon?

In some locations, including China and India, we also require publishers to have owned their sites for 6 months. We've taken this step to ensure the quality of our advertising network and protect the interests of our advertisers and existing publishers.

I wasn't even aware that this requirement existed. Is it a new one?

As of 1st July 2009, the United States is listed as number 1 on The 10 Worst Spam Origin Countries. China is second. India is 8th. Hey, so technically Google should also apply the same requirement to United States publishers. :eek:

Strange requirement.

That being said, websites have a very high failure rate in the first 6 months. Lots of people are gung ho at the beginning and then peter out after a month or two when they realize just how much work is involved.

You could also get around the requirement by buying a website that's already accepted or is at least 6 months old.

Good point Jeff. Another possibility is that even if I don't want to host my website immediately, I might just reg a domain and host it with a dummy wordpress site for 6 months. If I decide to build a website I replace the contents and add adsense immediately. Right?

Question - is this adsense restriction for .in/ .co.in sites? Or sites hosted on providers in India like Mitsu? Or where the owner of the site has an Indian address?

I believe the restriction is not tied up with TLD or ccTLD at all or with age of the domain.
If you are a publisher from India or china - restriction is applicable only for new applicants - i.e if I create an adsense account, and reside in India / China - then
I should have a site that is over 6 months of age for Google to accept my application. Also note that Google restricts other locations as well (but not listed out on the page - only India and China are singled out on the page)
In some locations, including China and India, we also require publishers to have owned their sites for 6 months.

@ Ceres - The list of SPAM does point all fingers at US for largest SPAM origin, however the site monitors email spam as against websites that are created exclusively for click frauds. I don't know if there is any monitoring agency that is monitoring website spam (sites created for virus / attacks / advertising / misleading etc.)

@ msdomains - Google is not pointing out to host location. So Mitsu and other web host providers do not really get affected by this. Also most of the datacenters are in US (for Mitsu, Whiz and Pubdomains) - and very few based out of India. So even if you are hosting your website with any registrar that belongs to India / China - you can still apply for Adsense account - as long as you have a site that has been on the net for over 6 months.

Neat way to reduce the number of applicants - and undoubtedly - a discrimination against two emerging economies...

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom