Should I wait for the right price or flip it now!!

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Well, a lot of people have this question in mind that if they are getting an offer for their domain which is lesser than what they had in mind, should they wait for the right offer or flip it then and there.

In my opinion, unless the domain is worthy enough to get lots of offers in the price range that you expect, I think it is always better to flip it when you have a buyer in hand.

It is always better to cash out at the right time than hold it endlessly!!

Anyone having any other opinion may share it here!!
 

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
Markets and marketplaces (brokers, sellers, buyers, platforms etc.) have historically been driven by two things "Fear and Greed". As GG (Gordon Gekko) would say "Greed is good"...

The key for seller is to do enough research (google is king), know your buyer and TAM (Total Addressable Market) as much as possible, compare with closest likeness (Just like Home Sales) and make a call. The trends since 2006-7 has been to avoid paying a ransom to a domain holder when it is unreasonable and to come up with whacky names (quikr, flickr, reddit)...so thats when negotiations breakup or deals fail...i,e. when perception reaches the "unreasonable" point.

Recently someone from S Korea bid over USD 199,000 on one of our names on Sedo via Godaddy MLS. Left us wondering if we under quoted and they overbid (because prior bid was 2000 and 9000 USD), payment never showed up in escrow, All the intermediaries did was flag the buyers account. We were left holding the bag with an address and name in S Korea to go after. Lesson is sometimes it is too good to be true....it usually is.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

indy

.intrepreneur
Country flag
Its a tough call ... for example I have an offer sitting in sedo right now for a .in domain for $2,000. empire [dot] in

I think about it sometimes...and its funny to me... can i really sell the Indian Empire for only $2K ;)

I don't really have any development plans for it, so this may be one that I may let go of around that range....
 

LLL.in King

Well-Known Member
Country flag
This is a complex issue that is best understood when it is simplified.

The best way to simplify the decision to flip quick or wait longer is to set a minimum acceptable,no-regret price. I find that when you have and like the minimum sales price you set, and you wont go below, its easier to flip or hold and not have regret. If the minimum price is met, the sale is OK, and if the offer is below it, then you know its a bad offer and you forget it and wait for the next inquiry.

But tbh, i am leaning towards doing more flips because renewal fees are always piling up but offers are not.

And as i tell my brother, the diference between small profit and no profit is HUGE. lots of small profits cannot hurt you, so its healthy.
 

LLL.in King

Well-Known Member
Country flag
Its a tough call ... for example I have an offer sitting in sedo right now for a .in domain for $2,000. empire [dot] in

I think about it sometimes...and its funny to me... can i really sell the Indian Empire for only $2K ;)

I don't really have any development plans for it, so this may be one that I may let go of around that range....

Regarding Empire dot IN, its kind of an easy decision:D.............COUNTER OFFERRRRR!!!!

You should at least make a counter offer a little bit higher than that offer because this buyer has shown seriousness. Thats a nice one word .in though so good luck. nice way to start the year.
 

whois

Recent Posts



Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
28,286
Messages
75,483
Members
7,734
Latest member
Pavani
Top Bottom