UDRP against DigitalCandy.com which is in auction

JulienJ

A couple of days ago, I noticed that DigitalCandy.com was in pending delete status and headed to auction. DigitalCandy.com is a domain name that previously (up until deletion) was home to a website operated by intellectual property attorney Stevan Lieberman of Greenberg and Lieberman. When I noticed the status of the domain name, I reached out to Stevan to see what happened and learned it was an error.

The domain name is currently in a private auction at SnapNames. Stevan told me he contacted Web.com to pull the auction because of the registered trademark claim and his company’s ongoing use but that Web.com refused to do so. Apparently the domain name went to auction without intervention.

This afternoon, Stevan filed a UDRP against the DigitalCandy.com domain name at the Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre. Stevan emailed me a copy of the UDRP filing, and according to the UDRP complaint, “On January 8, 2018 the domain name DigitalCandy.com was allowed to drop by the registrar due to a glitch in its registrar code. Cid Dec. ¶ ¶ 5 – 7 . Digital Candy was not notified that there was an issue with the domain name.”

Via email Stevan told me, “it appeared that the domain was set to auto-renew and in fact in the client panel it looked like the domain had been renewed.” Steven further told me “this fact is backed up by a declaration from the registrar’s CEO.”

Source

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit UDRP was filed against the CheapStuff.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Three Best Rated wins UDRP against ThreeBestRated.com.au Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit NAF receives a UDRP against Dagostino.com filed by D’Agostino Supermarkets Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit UDRP filed against PRU.com by Prudential Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit UDRP filed against SecaucusNJ.org by Secaucus Town Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit UDRP filed against UAX.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit UDRP Filed Against DAE.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit BHP's Chief Information Security Officer loses UDRP against a criticism site Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Gap has filed UDRP against Gap.org Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit MorningSave.com's owner filed a UDRP against MorningSafe.com. Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit UDRP case against ABC.net Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Respondent in the UDRP case against the RosettaStone.app does to US court Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Stanley Pace scores a UDRP victory against Austrian casserole Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 UDRP against WashingtonJournal.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 Volkswagen lost UDRP against the domain My-GTi.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 UDRP filed against Patricks.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 Brazzers.com owner files UDRP against Brazers.com Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Six UDRP against Yoyo Email in less than 2 months New GTLDs 0
DNJournal.com Someone Filed a UDRP Against Me- Now What? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Ceres Hertz Wins UDRP against Indian company Legal Issues and Dispute 1
Ceres RIM Wins UDRP Dispute against Indian Firm Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver: Hallmark.TV UDRP decision isn't up to the mark Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit How to stop bad UDRP cases in their tracks Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Gerald Levine on exploring the meanings of “right” and “legitimate interest” (UDRP Proceedings) Resources 0
Digital Pandit Andy Booth files a lawsuit in response to a UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Facebook owned GameRoom.com subject of UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Pet Mart of Vietnam defeats PetSmart in UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Post the UDRP loss for Pocketbook.com, Pocketbook e-reader company goes to US Court Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Mrs. Jello wins Spase.com UDRP filed in bad faith by Spase.io owner Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit OSRAM GmbH should not have lost a UDRP involving OSAM.cloud Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Andrew Allemann suggests to hire an attorney for UDRP filings Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Websites for tracking UDRP Cases and Decisions Resources 0
Digital Pandit Voxan.com is in the UDRP waters now Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit GoDaddy landing page can land in UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, a UDRP provider, just won a UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Verisign suggests a quicker, dirtier version of the UDRP for .com domains Registrars 0
Digital Pandit 1919.com gets embroiled in UDRP Decision Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit IMPORTANT READ: Ehren Schaiberger successfully defends holding up SmartTiles.com UDRP as an investment Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit NICE READ : UDRP decision today that is worth noting Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Picture.com gets embroiled in UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit How could Catalyzer, Inc have avoided losing UDRP for Catalyzer.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit VirtualPoint hits back with a lawsuit getting embroiled in an UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Complainant submitted falsified documents in cheapstuff.com UDRP case Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit A finding of RDNH was made on CheapStuff.com UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit ICANN rejects Emily Rose's attempt to overturn an UDRP decision using the Reconsideration process. Registrars 0
Digital Pandit IEE.com becomes subject of UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit This UDRP decision has made me dumbfounded Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit For the uninitiated : Learn about UDRP from ICA resources Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit UMass Memorial HealthAlliance loses a UDRP for urgentCareLeominster.com at WIPO Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton: Startups should file a UDRP only if they are very sure about it Resources 0