The advantage with following what is hot right now...

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
One of the most important thing in the domaining business is the entry and the exit!

The entry involves predicting the demand and making a buy call. When and what to buy, what will have a value in the time frame that I am looking for, in this particular investment are some of the questions that you need to ask.

The exit involves, knowing when is it the right time to sell. Considering the pros and cons of rejecting or accepting a particular offer on a domain name, and then finding the right time to sell it.

For example, there was a time when 4 letter domain names were in huge demand in China. It was trending and within days, we saw the prices surge from high two figures/ low 3 figures to 4-figures.
In those days, people looking for quick flips bought them at a certain price on one day and as soon as they would find a buyer at a better price, they would sell them off.
Sometimes, that took hours, sometimes a day, sometimes a week or a month.
It was a trend that dried down later, with some people caught up with the investments that they made.

So, we need to know the time frame for which we are investing, the entry and exits.

Your thoughts?

JackD

Country flag
Just like playing the Stock Market. The entry and exit is the difference between winning and losing. If you are looking for quick flips, then read and study what is selling on websites like NameBio. If you are in it for the long haul, only deal in "Blue Chip" domains ie short keyword domains that attract instant attention, easy to pronounce and easier to spell and type into the web browser. Generic names that will have a wider audience and more buyers. I find that clicking on links can be a spam attack waiting to happen so I type in most of the domain names that I wish to browse on the internet. Niche domains might bring higher prices but could be more difficult to sell.

AND Above all. Stick to your game plan. Don't get sidetracked and lose focus. It has happened to me way too many times and my checkbook always regrets it! :confused:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
wot How to take better advantage of traffic? Webmaster Forum 15
P domainparking - advantage. Parking 5
C Indian speak English,it is an advantage. The Lounge 8
Prashant Sharan Following Rick's advice, an investor lands his biggest sale in seventeen years Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Video: Following a domain auction with an end user buyer Resources 0
JulienJ CQD.com owner should be following the playbook used by MLA.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 Bitcoin Demand Surges in Zimbabwe Following Successful Coup Cryptocurrencies 0
Bazil patel Receiving offers for following domains Non-India Related Domains 0
Mahadev Sarvade Taking offers for following Domains For Sale 0
P Kindly Appraise the following 4L.inS Domain Appraisals 0
domainking131 .CYMRU amd .WALES Countdown begins following delegation New GTLDs 0
G Please appraise following Domain Appraisals 2
A Please take time to appraise the following: Domain Appraisals 0
K want to sell following domains For Sale 4
T Appraisals of following adult domains please Adult Domains 6
fardreamer Are Indians following the U.S. Presidential campaigns? The Lounge 2
CyberKing Crypto Domains are HOT again in India + dot IN Promo! The Lounge 0
webmaster75 Hot.us Non-India Related Domains 1
Prashant Sharan Why is saycheese. com a hot property in auction at DropCatch? Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan 1st March Market Update: $175k in Sales - Hot.de sold for $16,858 Non-Indian Domains 0
F Hot Names Expire in 48 Days In Godaddy Auction External Auctions 0
CyberKing Buzzword.IN - Keyword about hot keywords! For Sale 0
CyberKing Hot CO.IN domains - make an offer today! For Sale 2
owl Blockchain.link - Hot Bitcoin Domain (Accept BTC, ETH, LTC) Non-India Related Domains 0
owl ".io and .me are hot and cool" Vitalik Buterin Non-Indian Domains 11
Merc Hot.Bio Non-India Related Domains 0
Merc Hot.bio Non-India Related Domains 0
INB Limited Time Offer for .in Drop-Catch: Grab While It's Hot General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Merc HOT.BIO Non-India Related Domains 1
domainking131 10 hot e-commerce companies with great domain names Non-Indian Domains 0
R Hot domain names for sale For Sale 0
NoeIST HOT.RS Adult Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale bluntport.com & more Non-India Related Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale flavorcore.com & more Non-India Related Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale FLUXOGRAM.COM & more Non-India Related Domains 0
domainking131 Brexit is hot, Trump is finally not Non-Indian Domains 0
D super hot 5-letter rare premium .com Domain Names for Sale AUSBE.COM & more @Godaddy Non-India Related Domains 0
D super hot rare premium .com Domain Names for Sale HASHNATION.COM & more Non-India Related Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale DRAWAID.COM & more @Godaddy Non-Indian Domains 0
D super hot 4-letter .com Domain Names for Sale ekpd.com & more Non-India Related Domains 2
I Hot IoT domain -- IoTfrenzy.com Non-India Related Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale EMODAR.COM Non-Indian Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale EXTRABLOOM.COM & more @Godaddy Non-India Related Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale Non-Indian Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale Non-India Related Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale Non-India Related Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale BIOCRIME.COM & more @Godaddy Non-Indian Domains 0
D super hot .com Domain Names for Sale BIOCRIME.COM & more @Godaddy Non-India Related Domains 0
D super hot 4-letter .com Domain Names for Sale ekpd.com & more @Godaddy Non-Indian Domains 0
D super hot 4-letter .com Domain Names for Sale udlx.com & more @godaddy.com. Non-Indian Domains 0