Reference: Registry Advisory XXXXXX on Accurate WHOIS Information issued
1. Looking at some of the recent reports on inaccurate WHOIS and proxy
registrations, .IN Registry is now in the process of reviewing the
entire registration base emphasizing on its accuracy. Registrars are
advised to immediately correct any inaccuracies they come across.
2. Further, in term of section xxxxxx and xxxxx of the
"Registrar Accreditation Agreement" and Section xx xx and xx of the “Terms
and Conditions for Registrants", Registrars must obtain accurate and
reliable contact information from registrants to ensure accuracy in the
domain registration records. Services like Privacy Protection are not
3. If the registry detects either inaccurate registrant information or
proxy registrations/privacy protection or any other violation relating
to accuracy of WHOIS information then specific action like suspension or
deletion of such domains will be initiated.
4. .IN Registry has decided to provide, a maximum of four (4) weeks time
to the Registrars w.e.f 30th July 2013 to rectify and remove inaccurate
WHOIS / Proxy Registrations from your system.
5. Thereafter, in the event .IN Registry detects any such domains, the
same would be considered abusive and action initiated for suspension
/deletion of these domains apart from other action that the Registry may
deem suitable. Your urgent action in this regard is therefore strongly