Recent count on the number of .in domains?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
It's a good question... I don't know the answer. The Registry seems very closed lipped about it - there was never even a celebration at the 1 million mark :( It leaves things rife for speculation - including that the number is falling...

LLL.in King

Country flag
It's a good question... I don't know the answer. The Registry seems very closed lipped about it - there was never even a celebration at the 1 million mark :( It leaves things rife for speculation - including that the number is falling...

hmm....i have no facts to back it up, but i'm very very confident the number of registered .ins isn't falling. maybe the rate of increase has slowed, but i find it very hard to believe the total # is dropping.

the_poet

Country flag
The number of handregistrations has surely slowed down after the withdrawal of the promo. But this of course isn't necessarily a bad thing, as we'll see more quality handregs and hence a lower number of drops.

LLL.in King

Country flag
slow and steady wins the race. .CO starts off fast, but its buzz will slow down sooner or later. Which one will have more regs in 2016? The fact that most of their regs comes from US and europe isnt very good actualy because those markets are quite saturated with domain purchases already. i confidently think India with 1bn+ people will keep .in growing for longer time than .co.

If .IN had such a team, it would have thrice the current number of registrations.

Rajat

Country flag
.in is more valuable than .co
.in is Future
You may ask "why?"
Before a year some of my friends who have some shops don't know "what is internet?"
They were having questions like this: "What you do with Internet?"
Now they can't live without Internet and Facebook.
So there will be a huge growth in future. When every one having internet with a Tablet PC / mobile phone.

And I'm getting at least one phone call from my fans every week about liking my WordPress Theme to use a .in domain for website.
Although they don't know how to do it, they want it as a must.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit Rick's Musings: Trying to buy and sell domains with a keyword from a recent sale is not a good practice Resources 0
Digital Pandit GoDaddy's recent buyout is GCD.com for GoDaddy Corporate Domains Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver shares his recent experience with an inbound offer Resources 0
Digital Pandit Chinese Domains : Kassey Lee reviews recent numeric domain name sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Chinese Domains: Kassey Lee reviews recent 4-letter domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Andrew Allemann's lessons from his recent domain sales Resources 0
Digital Pandit Recent aftermarket domain sales reveal new insights Resources 0
Digital Pandit A sneak peak into recent end user domainsales Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit A look at some recent end user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit The recent UDRP decision for SteveJobs.com has its own flaws Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Poscast: Zak Muscovitch on ICANN’s misstep on recent contract renewals Resources 0
Digital Pandit Is the recent Bitcoin rise bringing back action in crypto currency domain names Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ 10 recent expiry auction buys Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Your most recent sale? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
JulienJ Will the recent .WS emoji sales increase the value of .WS domains as a whole? Non-Indian Domains 2
JulienJ If you invest in domain names, a recent UDRP decision should scare you Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 Summary of recent outrage of expiring domain name auctions system on GoDaddy Registrars 0
domainking131 13 recent end user domain name sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Aubits My recent trip to India - .IN Usage General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
domainking131 Recent domain sales that have been developed Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Elliot Silver shares his recent acquisitions Non-Indian Domains 0
domaining123 Inforum.in recent improvements The Lounge 1
domainking131 Grab.com Acquired By Recent Rebranded GrabTaxi Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Recent domain sales that have been developed: Games.guru Non-Indian Domains 0
W 3 Recent Memorable Routes To Defining A Category Brand The Lounge 0
Aubits Observations from my recent trip to India ... General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
R Recent Geo .In Registrations Domain Appraisals 0
the_poet Recent Sedo ccTLD Sales: .IN Makes It In the Top 5 General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
L domains recent saled on SEDO.COM General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Ceres Link to Sedo's Recent Sales List (RSS Feed) Non-Indian Domains 4
Ceres Sedo's Recent Sales list Non-Indian Domains 1
I Your recent Hand registration General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
OzDomainer Some Recent Hand Reg .IN Domain Names General Indian Domain Name Discussion 10
Ceres Recent INDRP dispute decisions Legal Issues and Dispute 4
N Recent Indian Startups Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
E More recent dispute resolutions Legal Issues and Dispute 5
Digital Pandit Must Read !! : Bob Hawkes shares his great insight about SLD character count Resources 0
Digital Pandit Brazil : National ccTLD dot .BR hits a 4 million count milestone Non-Indian Domains 0
Domainup 31 Domain Count List (Open Market) Non-India Related Domains 2
A gTLD Domain count Non-Indian Domains 1
wot Numbers count? For Sale 0
S .in domain count General Indian Domain Name Discussion 8
Digital Pandit Kassey Lee on number 56's special place amongst chinese domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit You will now need a PIN Number to talk to Sedo’s customer service Registrars 0
Digital Pandit This is the way to use two-number domains in China Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit The Chinese love the number 51 Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit GoDaddy applies for a patent for vanity phone number Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Cybersquatting cases move up in number in 2019 at WIPO Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Uniregistry’s market had a great number of end user domains sales Registrars 0
Digital Pandit News Breaker:Google now limiting the number of listings from a single domain Non-Indian Domains 0