Price Guide Like Naaptol.com - Need Help

Discussion in 'Development Options' started by daddybear, Nov 3, 2010.

1. daddybear

daddybear Member

I want to develop an Indian price guide similar to naaptol.com on one of my premium .in domains. Can someone please suggest a ready script or a simple way to develop such a site? I really need your help here.

Also, if anyone here would be willing to build it for me at a low cost, I am open to that as well.

Thanks!

2. indy

indy United States .intrepreneur

Home Page:
    Building a comparison site is the easy part...the problem is with the low IPR rates in India (~7%), and Indians unwillingness to share their credit card / payment information online.

How are you planning to get the info from merchants - are you planning to scrape other sites or are you looking for data feed integration ?

Here's an interesting post from ekdo3 in reference to comparison shopping in India.

What domain are you planning on using. I may have some excellent .in options for ya. Hit me up on PM if interested in discussing!

3. indy

indy United States .intrepreneur

Home Page:
    Hey daddybear - take a look at Price.in - Price Comparison India - India's price comparison guide

4. dnk

dnk India Member

Home Page:
    Instead of using existing ecommerce websites, it is better to use other sources for prices.