MUST READ: Historic INDRP Decision!

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
Although I had posted this INDRP case being in the pipeline under a crude title earlier in this forum on April 21st because it did raise a lot of questions in my mind, I decided it was best to create a new post - because this is truly breaking news!!

We all waited with bated breath checking for updates on this case - because it could be a landmark decision - it perhaps has lived up to that hype and more!

I am not going to give away the decision - it is quite something and a must read!!!

LENS.IN

Read :

https://registry.in/system/files/lensin.pdf

kriss05

Finally reasonable decision comes in. Lot of factual material in there, it will be citing by almost each domain owner in future INDRP cases

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
It has left us wondering who the mystery 3rd party is and why it has not been disclosed - should be public info (unless I missed it in my quick read), the second question everyone is asking is why did current registrant "disown" the domain?

kriss05

Well, maybe some domainer wanted to help domain owner, as it was very blatant RDNH case, but was too lazy to fill the response.

Or maybe domain owner was too scared to reply on behalf of himself. If so, to bad that he didn't and also waived his rights to the domain.

kriss05

Good news! Lets comment DNW article there, we need to expose all the dirt of INDRP to the world :)

Kokoro

lens.com lost the case but the domain has been (will be) confiscated or cancelled by the registry. The reason is not bad faith or the TM infringement but the fact that the owner was too scared of legal proceedings to admit his ownership. The domain is lost to the current owner and I assume he doesn't give a damn on whether it's lost to lens.com, IN Registry or will be catched by someone else. However I think there is a good chance to fight it back in regular court if someone decides to help the poor owner.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Efty's must-read tips for domainers in these tough times Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Nice read: Elliot Silver adapts a “MUST READ STORY!!” titled article for the Domain Name Business Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Must Read Stats: FactoryDirect.com Tops This Week's Domain Sales Chart Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan A must read: Rick Swartz's simple domaining principle Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Must Read: Pearls of wisdom from "The" Rick Swartz Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan MUST READ: The VERISIGN Domain Report - ISSUE 3 – AUGUST 2018 Non-Indian Domains 0
R a must read book The Lounge 5
domainking131 A Must Read Interview with Kevin Fink on all things Flippa Non-Indian Domains 0
R Cheap . Co - MUST Read Non-Indian Domains 10
E Must read for e-commerce project owners The Lounge 0
I Comparer.IN...must read, great opportunity For Sale 1
Prashant Sharan BEGINNERS MUST LISTEN !!! : Alvin Brown's Fav 6 domain name suggestion tools Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A must watch Podcast : Jason Sheppard on his journey from $8k to $69k via 2 flips Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: 5 must-see talks for new domain investors from NamesCon 2020 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy must amend its Whois lookups calculations Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan A Must Listen Podcast : Domain investing with Logan Flatt Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Must to go through list: Web.com Aftermarket Platform Sales for January Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Lightning Must Strike Soon, Bitcoin Facing Backlogs as Scalability Solution Awaited Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Google Just Made SSL Certificates A Must Have For Your Business Website Websites 10
Dusart SSL a must? Webmaster Forum 17
Webportal 7 Things You Must Know Before Setting up Software Company Webmaster Forum 5
domainking131 ZFBot App : A must-have domain app for the iPhone and iPad! Resources 0
domainking131 Forbes Produces a Must See Video of High Flying Domain Daredevil Divyank Turakhia Non-Indian Domains 0
R Must See Names For Sale For Sale 0
domainking131 Security tip while Flipping!! A must know for every domainer. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
D Keyword Domains - Must see Non-India Related Domains 1
D Key word domain for sale - Must See For Sale 1
mrchris sedo sucks - must be idiots Non-Indian Domains 30
D Travel Name - Must See For Sale 1
C Domain Privacy - a must! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 11
U Amazing GEO and Keyword .COMs for sale must sell! Non-India Related Domains 0
ebiz4india Dirs.in - PageRank 2 domain - Hurry Up. Must Sell Today, going very cheap. For Sale 0
T There must be some worth to this one! Domain Appraisals 0
msdomains Premium domains auction- Must go this week! Auctions 0
M Excellent .IN For Sale - Must Look! For Sale 0
ebiz4india The Most Dangerous Airports - MUST SEE ***** The Lounge 0
ebiz4india Interesting & Intensive Domain Bidding War for AD.COM - Must see for all Domainers. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 8
OzDomainer This is a MUST WATCH Video on Rick Latona's Blog General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
D RUQ.IN and 3 others - Must Sell! External Auctions 1
T Premium Indian Domains.. must see!! For Sale 1
B Domain Christmas - 35 Domains that must go! For Sale 0
C how long we must hold .co.ins to get good price General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
Prashant Sharan READ THIS: Morgan Linton on how to sell domain names Resources 0
Prashant Sharan IMPORTANT READ: Ehren Schaiberger successfully defends holding up SmartTiles.com UDRP as an investment Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Nice Read: James Iles on gauging the popularity of your GoDaddy domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan NICE READ : UDRP decision today that is worth noting Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Nice Read: The surge in demand for newgTLDs New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan A great read : This WIPO panel proves that having a trademark will not always win cases Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan GO READ: Elliot Silver's chat with registrars on ICANN's vague "Relief for Registrants" statement Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Great Read!!! : Will Cybersquatting and RDNH complainants choose ACPA over UDRP ? Legal Issues and Dispute 0