Mumbai Movie - Too Soon?

Ceres

According to the BBC news website many film-makers are rushing to register potential titles for movies based on the Mumbai attacks. At least 20 titles are awaiting approval.

Personally, I think it's too soon to make such a movie. The relatives have barely had time to mourn their lost ones and it's in bad taste to make a movie so soon. Also, not enough facts are known about the terrorists and the background to the attacks.

I don't think there's anything wrong in making a film about the Mumbai attacks; it's just way too soon.

What do you think?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
It's a competitive market - I'm sure there's a first mover advantage...

Mei

well, i think that they can make a movie about it but then it will take time. if they have made a movie about the world trade center bombing then maybe they also can make one for this.

Ceres

It's been six months since I posted my original question about whether it's too soon to make a film about the Mumbai attacks.

The producers of Total Ten say their film will tell the true story of 21-year-old Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the Pakistani national who stands accused of 166 counts of murder and waging war against India. The title refers to the number of people in the terror squad said to be responsible for the three-day rampage of co-ordinated violence that, in addition to the deaths, left more than 300 injured in India's financial capital last November.
A report in the Guardian raises the concern that the producers of Total Ten are prejudicing the trial of the accused, which is still going on (it's estimated that the trial will go on for another 6-12 months).

In my opinion, the film-makers will be handing Kasab's lawyers a ground of appeal if they go ahead and release the film during the trial.

However, the producers of Total Ten are working hard to finish Total Ten before other film-makers make it to the cinema...

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
anquest Digital Marketers' Awards 2016 | The Taj Lands End / Mumbai | Thu, Dec 15 | Co-Located: #DoTheMobile Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
anquest 'World Hosting Days' INDIA 2015 | The Grand Hyatt/Mumbai | Thu, Oct 29 | Partners: VeriSign, GoDaddy Hosting 0
R WHD- Mumbai on 29th October General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest Digital Money 2015 | The Taj Lands End, Mumbai | TUE, OCT 13 | Execs fr. RBI, PayTM, PayPal Speaking Business and Economy 0
R Mumbai.One at flippa auction External Auctions 0
domainking131 A Domain+Mobile Conference in Mumbai: DigitalCon is coming! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest Internet Users (Millions) >> (1) Mumbai: 16.40 (2) Delhi: 12.15 (3) Kolkata: 6.27 General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
the_poet Infiniti Retail Limited of Mumbai, India, GUILTY RDNH of Croma.com General Indian Domain Name Discussion 6
ebiz4india World's tallest residential tower in Mumbai, INDIA. The Lounge 1
I From Madison St. to Mumbai: Quick Response (QR) Codes rule the world General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Jeff More Bomb Blasts in Mumbai The Lounge 7
Jeff Dot Mumbai General Indian Domain Name Discussion 8
kussy Mumbai Domainers Meetup The Lounge 8
M need reliable .COM registrar from mumbai/india General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Ceres TheComedyStore.in: The Comedy Store Mumbai Indian Websites and Start-ups 3
Ceres CopConnect.in: A Mumbai Police Dept. Initiative Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
Ceres Mumbai 26/11 - Kasab gets death penalty The Lounge 1
Ceres Remembering Mumbai Terror Attacks The Lounge 1
Ceres Fingerprint system for Mumbai cyber cafes? The Lounge 4
Ceres Danny Boyle to Direct Mumbai Thriller? The Lounge 1
Jeff At Least 7 Terrorist Strikes in Mumbai The Lounge 11
Ceres British Expats Living in Mumbai The Lounge 0
Ceres Live Earth: Mumbai, India 2008 The Lounge 1
Ceres Mumbai Blogger Meet Webmaster Forum 10
F hi from Farhan, Mumbai Introduce Yourself 6
Jeff Mumbai Blogger Meet 2008 Indian Websites and Start-ups 2
FishSEO Mumbai Names: Shopping, Job, Club For Sale 2
Prashant Sharan .movie makes a place in the Oscar winner movies' domain registrations New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan 2nd September Market Update: $325k in Sales - Movie.ai sold for $14,454 Non-Indian Domains 0
Aubits SuiDhaaga.co.in (New Bollywood Movie - Promoting their website) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
JulienJ .blog offers free sub-domains on 26 new websites (art.blog, movie.blog, music.blog, photo.blog, poet New GTLDs 0
domainking131 GodsOfEgypt.MOVIE Is The 1st New Domain In A Super Bowl Ad New GTLDs 0
tithidomaintrade download.zone , internet.zone , fly.zone , movie.zone , speed.zone , dating.zone - make offer Non-India Related Domains 0
tithidomaintrade download.zone , internet.zone , fly.zone , movie.zone , speed.zone , dating.zone Domain Appraisals 21
domainking131 Domain Sales: Movie.io sold for $6,500 on Flippa Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Donuts wins .Movie New GTLDs 0
ish88an .Com Domain Name for Movie Info and Reviews for SALE Non-India Related Domains 0
ish88an A good .com Domain for Movie at low cost For Sale 0
1 Upcoming movie .com domains for cheap For Sale 0
Kokoro a movie domain For Sale 1
ebiz4india 3D Movie For Sale 0
R what was the first cinema movie you have watched..? The Lounge 8
Ceres Your Worst Movie? The Lounge 2
M last movie you have watched The Lounge 10
Shamsiownz Your favourite English Movie? The Lounge 4
D TotallyInternet.com In Auction On Sedo. Reserve Price Already Met. Bid Now Before It's Too Late. External Auctions 0
DNJournal.com Six-Figure Sale of BTI.com Bags Top Spot on This Week's Sales Chart - ccTLDs, Non .Com gTLDs Won Too The Lounge 0
D NavigationSystems.com in NamesCon -The Largest Live Domain Auction- Place Bid Before It's Too Late. External Auctions 0
Prashant Sharan CVS Pharmacy, Inc. isn’t too thrilled with registartion of "CVS.inc", files WIPO Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN is punishing domainers - .info, .biz and .asia contracts were renewed too!! Registrars 0