Mumbai Movie - Too Soon?

IT.com

Ceres

According to the BBC news website many film-makers are rushing to register potential titles for movies based on the Mumbai attacks. At least 20 titles are awaiting approval.

Personally, I think it's too soon to make such a movie. The relatives have barely had time to mourn their lost ones and it's in bad taste to make a movie so soon. Also, not enough facts are known about the terrorists and the background to the attacks.

I don't think there's anything wrong in making a film about the Mumbai attacks; it's just way too soon.

What do you think?

It's a competitive market - I'm sure there's a first mover advantage...

well, i think that they can make a movie about it but then it will take time. if they have made a movie about the world trade center bombing then maybe they also can make one for this.

It's been six months since I posted my original question about whether it's too soon to make a film about the Mumbai attacks.

The producers of Total Ten say their film will tell the true story of 21-year-old Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the Pakistani national who stands accused of 166 counts of murder and waging war against India. The title refers to the number of people in the terror squad said to be responsible for the three-day rampage of co-ordinated violence that, in addition to the deaths, left more than 300 injured in India's financial capital last November.
A report in the Guardian raises the concern that the producers of Total Ten are prejudicing the trial of the accused, which is still going on (it's estimated that the trial will go on for another 6-12 months).

In my opinion, the film-makers will be handing Kasab's lawyers a ground of appeal if they go ahead and release the film during the trial.

However, the producers of Total Ten are working hard to finish Total Ten before other film-makers make it to the cinema...

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom