Marketing yourself.

Mikhaela

Hello, has anyone forgone getting a freelancer to provide marketing services for their business or website and did the marketing themselves? What was your result?

Roshni

I do all my marketing myself 'cos it's cheaper! My site's providing an OK income and has good daily traffic. A freelancer might have done better, but there wasn't any cash to hire one.

Mikhaela

Roshni, yes, I understand going the cheaper route and marketing your own business. I also agree that a freelancer could do much better than me, but cheaper is better sometimes.

tulip

Marketing your own business is possible if you have the necessary expertise and time. The reason people hire freelancers or generally outsource is probably because they don't have the time but have the money to get help from elsewhere.

Mikhaela

Tulip, I think that a lot of people could save their selves and their companies some money if they started doing some of their marketing their selves. I understand some people don't have the time, but I think others like the easy way out.

tulip

Tulip, I think that a lot of people could save their selves and their companies some money if they started doing some of their marketing their selves. I understand some people don't have the time, but I think others like the easy way out.
Very true Mikhaela and I have no objection to anyone doing and handling their own business promotion/marketing. Again, it doesn't matter whether or not some entity is choosing the easy way out; what matters most is whether or not such a step is producing results.

Mikhaela

Very true Mikhaela and I have no objection to anyone doing and handling their own business promotion/marketing. Again, it doesn't matter whether or not some entity is choosing the easy way out; what matters most is whether or not such a step is producing results.
True, the results are what matter and I will admit that if I had more money to pay for freelancers, I'd probably take the same route a others and let someone else handle all of my marketing.

dibon

I know a friend of mine that handles his own marketing and I have never heard him complain about any challenges, except that he has to seek help once in a while. Whichever way is chosen, what matters is the end result.

Mikhaela

I know a friend of mine that handles his own marketing and I have never heard him complain about any challenges, except that he has to seek help once in a while. Whichever way is chosen, what matters is the end result.
I agree that the end result is what matter. Also, it's great that your friend is able to handle his own marketing, it's a skill I've yet to master.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Marketing Domains in the midst of the Covid-19 Pandemic by Namrata Arya Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver's smart marketing encounter Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Tucows seeks Sr. Product Marketing Manager – Domains Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Donuts seeks Senior Director, Marketing Innovation Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Afilias is marketing its .vote domains amidst this vote-by-mail controversy Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Harman Singh on profitable domain investing using digital marketing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Godaddy Websites + Marketing hits the bull's eye Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Reflex Marketing loses UDRP, files a lawsuit Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan New kid on the block: GoDaddy's "Websites + Marketing" Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Australian integrated marketing campaign for .CO domain names won two Summit International Awards Non-Indian Domains 0
D Need marketing and SEO tips? Try SEObook. Resources 2
J Offline vs Online Marketing Way Marketing Your Website 0
JulienJ Outbound Marketing For Your Domain Business – Does It Even Make Sense? The Lounge 0
JulienJ DealerX auto marketing company is a reverse domain name hijacker Legal Issues and Dispute 0
J Difference between marketing & selling Marketing Your Website 2
domainking131 .London domain name to get a big marketing boost New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Smart geo TLD marketing by .NYC New GTLDs 0
Mikhaela Marketing Tips Marketing Your Website 7
Parth Marketing Through Free Classes? Marketing Your Website 0
domainking131 The Untapped Online Marketing Asset You Might Not Be Aware of Resources 1
Saki Free Marketing Marketing Your Website 2
Roshni How often to send marketing emails? Webmaster Forum 4
Britney Social media marketing plan Marketing Your Website 7
Geordy Offline marketing works? Marketing Your Website 7
Britney Unique ways of marketing website Marketing Your Website 8
Dusart Marketing with a budget Marketing Your Website 4
marsh Network marketing The Lounge 5
K Guerrilla Marketing Ideas Marketing Your Website 4
Simone No time and little money for marketing Marketing Your Website 0
domainking131 Top 10 Digital Branding & Marketing Trends for 2017 Marketing Your Website 3
Jeff Billboard Marketing Marketing Your Website 3
Aces Marketing No-no's in India? Marketing Your Website 0
Swisslist Marketing Through Videos Marketing Your Website 5
Rob101 What will come after content marketing? Marketing Your Website 7
G Digital Marketing Roundtable, Cocktails + Dinner / The 'Windsor Manor' Hotel, BLR | Tue, May 10th Business and Economy 0
DomainSherpa Grow Your Business Using Content Marketing - With Joe Pulizzi Marketing Your Website 0
domainking131 The Online Branding Article Every Marketing Executive and CEO Should Read Marketing Your Website 1
domainking131 Lessons on viral marketing from the Content Marketer of the Year Marketing Your Website 0
domainking131 Marketing With Domain Names Marketing Your Website 1
anquest Mobile Marketing Summit 2015 (3rd Year) | The Taj West End, Bangalore | FRI, DEC 18 | Pres. by IAMAI Marketing Your Website 0
anquest Messe.ONLINE Sells @ $1,604 | Service.MARKETING @ $1,295 | The DN Journal List of the TOP 20 Sales New GTLDs 0
W Marketing Lead Strategy- One To Watch ? Marketing Your Website 0
Will Multi Level Marketing Domain Appraisals 2
domainking131 Rightsisde Hires Bill Glenn as its Vice President of Marketing Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Northwest Austin is marketing Weebly like crazy Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Developing a domain into a business - Marketing with No money Development Options 7
anquest ​T​he DN Journal Weekly TOP 20 | USA.WIKI Sells For ​$5K | Pragmatic.MARKETING $2K New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Content Marketing tips to convert web traffic to sales Webmaster Forum 0
CyberKing dot CLUB to spend 3.5 Million in marketing next year New GTLDs 0
domainking131 The art of Email Marketing - 10 most important questions answered Marketing Your Website 0