JAT.com subject of UDRP

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
A UDRP was just filed against the valuable three letter JAT.com domain name at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
JAT.com was originally registered in March of 1997, making this domain name more than twenty years old. At the time of publication, JAT.com is registered under privacy proxy at GoDaddy, so I am not sure who owns the domain name. When I visited JAT.com to see how the domain name is being used, I see a coming soon page that says, “jat.com is almost here! Upload your website to get started.”

The complainant in this UDRP is Air Serbia a.d. Beograd Jurija. According to the airline’s Wikipedia page, the company was previously known as Jat Airways. When I did a Whois History search at DomainTools, I noticed that the company appears to have previously owned the domain name. In 2015, the admin name was Air Serbia, according to DomainTools. It looks like the predecessor to Air Serbia was the registrant of the domain name since at least 2001, which is the earliest Whois History record at DomainTools (the domain name was registered to Jugoslovenski Aerotransport back then). Up until at least February of this year, JAT.com forwarded to AirSerbia.com, according to Archive.org.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom