Investing in new gtlds?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Are you going to invest in the new gtlds?

As for me, certainly not at the beginning, but I will keep my eye out for opportunities as things progress.

domainpundit

Country flag
I have applied for some geo specific names, keyword and three letter names at moment like kkk.web..etc.. overall around 25 names ..

Will be cautious , as I dont have much faith in these new GTLDs.

wot

Country flag
No.

The only moneymakers in this are the registrars and the usual suspects who will have first grab at what very very few gems there may be. And expect to see spectacular prices for a few names that get "sold", the old come on, it's bound to happen, always does. Flowers.mobi ring any bells?

Anyway, simply my opinion, I am an old cynic and often wrong. :cool:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I think that there will be some success stories, that is why I'm trying to keep an open mind. The problem is that it is almost impossible to predict in advance which ones will be successful, so it is a bit like playing the lottery.

I just found this helpful list of all the new gtlds that will be coming out:
http://www.newgtldsite.com/new-gtld-list/

the_poet

Country flag
TBH I don't think I'll be investing in new gTLDs, but like Jeff I want to keep an open mind on the matter. Basically what keeps me from investing in them is the average registration fee, too high for my taste.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
domainking131 Are you investing in new gTLDs? The Lounge 2
Prashant Sharan Andrew Allemann's investing strategy Resources 0
Prashant Sharan James Iles's top five domain investing resource Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's listicle about domain investing Resources 0
Lisa Smith Domain Investing in Domain Name Lister-Free Self Hosted Domain Trading Website Building Software Resources 1
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton how you Shoot For The Moon over time in domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's lessons from 5 years of .IO investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Very Funny and Yet Very Insightful: Alvin Brown talks domain investing with quirky Vikunth Navani Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The best of the best domain investing resources handpicked by James Iles Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas find this book as the summer's best one on domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Adam Strong was into this business before venture into domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Kassey Lee talks about investing in .cn.com and .com.cn names Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan ATTENTION BEGINNERS!!! : How to do riskless domain investing ? Resources 1
Prashant Sharan Is investing in domains worth the time? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert: From flipping smartphones to domain investing with Josh Reason Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's two cents on investing in one-word domain names Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Rich sales data from Escrow.com's latest domain investing index report Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Notable excerpt from UDRP: Investing is a “bona fide offering of goods or services” Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Harman Singh on profitable domain investing using digital marketing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot silver on Covid 19's effect on domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Possible effects of dotcom price increase on domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: 3 Domain Investing trends at NamesCon 2020 Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Domain Investing: You should have a rosy annual return on your domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Saw.com Founders talk about domain investing in 2020 Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Read this if you are making more than $1K in domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Using quantitative methods for domain Investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Lawyer thinks domain investing is “Anticipatory Cybersquatting” Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Panels consistently find that Domain Investing is legitimate bona fide offering Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Importance of intangible things in domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Weekly Domain Investing News Roundup Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Asheville Domain Investing MeetUp Friday highlights Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Domain investing coincides with Real Estate Investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton:How to start off in the domain investing world Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Ricks' musings for beginners: A 25 steps guide to domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A Must Listen Podcast : Domain investing with Logan Flatt Resources 0
Prashant Sharan How Krista Gable tackles this male dominated domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Australian Domain Authority Rejects Attempt to Ban Domain Investing There Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The power of "No" in domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Domain Investing News Highlights for the week of April 8th, 2019 Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Australian Entrepreneurs Are Against Over Proposed Rules That Could Ban .AU Domain Investing Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Domain Investing News Highlights for the week of April 1st, 2019 Resources 0
Prashant Sharan With Paul Nicks V.P. of the Domain Aftermarket: Domain Investing Keynote from Namescon 2019 Resources 0
Prashant Sharan MORGAN LINTON: Why I continue to focus on investing in two-word .COMs Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Swartz: Domain Investing - The Slow Dance of Millionaires!! Resources 0
JulienJ Investing in 2018: Buy more domains, or more crypto? Cryptocurrencies 0
JulienJ 3 EASY NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS TO IMPROVE YOUR DOMAIN NAME INVESTING The Lounge 0
domainking131 Bitcoin $400,000 Says Investing Guru Mark Yusko Cryptocurrencies 0
dibon What to consider before investing Cryptocurrencies 9
JackD The pecking order of Domain investing - "no holds barred" The Lounge 1
H Advise about investing for sale : Google Share Competitor For Sale / Advertising 0