Investing in new gtlds?

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Are you going to invest in the new gtlds?

As for me, certainly not at the beginning, but I will keep my eye out for opportunities as things progress.

I have applied for some geo specific names, keyword and three letter names at moment like kkk.web..etc.. overall around 25 names ..

Will be cautious , as I dont have much faith in these new GTLDs.

No.

The only moneymakers in this are the registrars and the usual suspects who will have first grab at what very very few gems there may be. And expect to see spectacular prices for a few names that get "sold", the old come on, it's bound to happen, always does. Flowers.mobi ring any bells?

Anyway, simply my opinion, I am an old cynic and often wrong. :cool:

I think that there will be some success stories, that is why I'm trying to keep an open mind. The problem is that it is almost impossible to predict in advance which ones will be successful, so it is a bit like playing the lottery.

I just found this helpful list of all the new gtlds that will be coming out:
http://www.newgtldsite.com/new-gtld-list/

TBH I don't think I'll be investing in new gTLDs, but like Jeff I want to keep an open mind on the matter. Basically what keeps me from investing in them is the average registration fee, too high for my taste.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
hel
Top Bottom