Indian Domains in the Traffic Auction

ekal

Apparently the following names are included in the upcoming June Traffic auction:

bollywoodstars.in
buyrealestate.in
buystocks.in
cellplans.in
Dividends.in
Downloading.in
Ethanol.in
greatbritain.in
Michigan.in

What's your opinion on this?

Personally I'm happy they're included but wish they domains could have been stronger. I doubt these will sell and if they do it might not be for much.

Nameluxe

That is a lackluster list at best. Take Michigan, for instance: while I understand the recognition and appeal of a U.S. state name, trying to sell such a name, as opposed to a generic keyword, introduces the additional branding hurdle of making a US state fit with an Indian extension. From the "likelihood of sale" perspective, a poor choice IMHO.

Anyone care to share their submissions? Given the quality of names I've seen registered by members of this board, there must have been suitable (and better) candidates for inclusion than what's listed above.

ekal

A great idea.

Are we too late to register for June? If so, the next one definitely.

Nameluxe

Yes, the June TRAFFIC deadline has passed, as has the deadline for the Affiliate Summit (July in Miami). Besides the Internext (adult-themed) auction in August (deadline for submission of name to Moniker is 15-June-2007), the next TRAFFIC auction will be in Miami in October. I can't find any info on deadlines for submitting names to Moniker for the October but it's not too early to start thinking about names.

InvestIndia

Apparently the following names are included in the upcoming June Traffic auction:

bollywoodstars.in
buyrealestate.in
buystocks.in
cellplans.in

Dividends.in
Downloading.in
Ethanol.in
greatbritain.in
Michigan.in

What's your opinion on this?

Personally I'm happy they're included but wish they domains could have been stronger. I doubt these will sell and if they do it might not be for much.
These 4 are mine.....no matter how bad they may be to some im very happy to see they may make it to at least silent.....im ok with exposure for names :p

ekal

Hi InvestIndia

Good news :) What was the process you went through with the names?

Did you submit several and get these four accepted?
Did you pick these to submit for a particular reason?

InvestIndia

I submitted a total of over 200 domains mixture of cctld..I have aprox 25-30 or so .in and these 4 are the ones they chose.....thats it ;D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kriss05 Indian Traffic Domains Wanted Domains Wanted 6
E Get these gems before they are gone!Cheap and traffic Indian domains! For Sale 4
M Indian domains on sale - $3 only - Good keywords and traffic domains For Sale 5
S Indian Travel Websites, Old Domains with Little Adsense Income Websites 2
Dhaval Raja Premium Indian Ecommerce Domains For Sale 0
R hyphen(s) or no hyphen(s) in indian domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
Abdul Top Premium Indian Domains for Sale. For Sale 0
Jas Free domains for Indian business Business and Economy 4
Ram Babu Indian based premium generic domains for sale For Sale 0
Jeff Indian Companies Making Good Use Of Domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
D How to value Indian Geographic domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
R registration of indian domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
tithidomaintrade brandable indian Domains For Sale 0
M 20 Indian domains for appraisal Domain Appraisals 3
kriss05 Indian .ooo registry took .ooo domains away from the owner after 9 months of registration. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
mukta Indian domains cheap: BitcoinCalculator.in, 3Dcinemas.in, OldSongs.co.in ... For Sale 0
EggyDn 1 Word Domains Non Indian For Sale/ Offers Wanted Non-Indian Domains 0
R Indian Budget-2015 -Effect on .IN Domains and Indian Domainers General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
CyberKing INDRP vs The Chinese Squatters of Indian Domains Legal Issues and Dispute 1
D Song Based Indian Domains - $18 for all 6 domains For Sale 0
domainking131 dot DESI domains - Your path to the Indian Market General Indian Domain Name Discussion 10
K .com Indian Domains For Sale 0
mukta Long list of good indian domains for sale For Sale 9
M Geo! Indian state .info domains For Sale 1
U 6 year old Indian cuisine related domains for sale in one block For Sale / Advertising 0
ajf7688 .com Indian Domains for sale For Sale 0
flippingdesk Looking for partners for development of Indian Domains. Indian Websites and Start-ups 1
mukta Best marketplace to sell indian domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
I .COM Indian Domains For Sale 0
s51888 Housing.co.in raises $2.5 million from VC. A new era for Indian domains???? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
D Indian Domains Drop Lists and Drop Catching (.in and .co.in) For Sale 10
domaining123 Indian domains: legal aspects Legal Issues and Dispute 2
ajf7688 BULK SALE: 20 two word Indian Domains for Sale For Sale 0
A 10 Year Plus Top Indian Travel Domains for Sale Non-India Related Domains 0
T Interesting article......also mentions Indian domains. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
ajf7688 2 Word Indian Domains for Sale - $50 each For Sale 0
ajf7688 32 Indian Domains for Sale For Sale 0
indy Looking for Geo Domains (Indian Cities) & Category Killers - PM Plz Domains Wanted 14
kriss05 Quality Indian Domains for Sale. For Sale 0
Kokoro Indian domains growth predictions General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
J ccTLD Domains that cannot be registered for an Indian Citizen General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
incname The issue price for Indian domains. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
domainshouse INDIAN DOMAINS AUCTION starts TODAY at 4:00 PM EST. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
domainshouse INDIAN DOMAINS AUCTION starts tomorrow at 4:00 PM EST. Subscriptions already ended. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
I Indian .COM domains for sale (Don't Miss) For Sale 1
Jeff CircleID article on Indian Domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
M Good Indian domains for sale For Sale 4
J Top leavel Indian domains for sale............ For Sale 0
J High value indian domains for sale.... For Sale 0
iamthecountry Indian Gold Domains like SellGold.co.in For Sale 0