Indian Domains in the Traffic Auction

IT.com

ekal

Apparently the following names are included in the upcoming June Traffic auction:

bollywoodstars.in
buyrealestate.in
buystocks.in
cellplans.in
Dividends.in
Downloading.in
Ethanol.in
greatbritain.in
Michigan.in

What's your opinion on this?

Personally I'm happy they're included but wish they domains could have been stronger. I doubt these will sell and if they do it might not be for much.

That is a lackluster list at best. Take Michigan, for instance: while I understand the recognition and appeal of a U.S. state name, trying to sell such a name, as opposed to a generic keyword, introduces the additional branding hurdle of making a US state fit with an Indian extension. From the "likelihood of sale" perspective, a poor choice IMHO.

Anyone care to share their submissions? Given the quality of names I've seen registered by members of this board, there must have been suitable (and better) candidates for inclusion than what's listed above.

A great idea.

Are we too late to register for June? If so, the next one definitely.

Yes, the June TRAFFIC deadline has passed, as has the deadline for the Affiliate Summit (July in Miami). Besides the Internext (adult-themed) auction in August (deadline for submission of name to Moniker is 15-June-2007), the next TRAFFIC auction will be in Miami in October. I can't find any info on deadlines for submitting names to Moniker for the October but it's not too early to start thinking about names.

Apparently the following names are included in the upcoming June Traffic auction:

bollywoodstars.in
buyrealestate.in
buystocks.in
cellplans.in

Dividends.in
Downloading.in
Ethanol.in
greatbritain.in
Michigan.in

What's your opinion on this?

Personally I'm happy they're included but wish they domains could have been stronger. I doubt these will sell and if they do it might not be for much.

These 4 are mine.....no matter how bad they may be to some im very happy to see they may make it to at least silent.....im ok with exposure for names :p

Hi InvestIndia

Good news :) What was the process you went through with the names?

Did you submit several and get these four accepted?
Did you pick these to submit for a particular reason?

I submitted a total of over 200 domains mixture of cctld..I have aprox 25-30 or so .in and these 4 are the ones they chose.....thats it ;D

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom