IN.com for sale.

IT.com
I dont think this is true...
I will pay 8,000 EUR Instantly now if i get this domain that is IN.com this is owned by web18 group and is worth a lot more than the sellers expected price quoted there.. they spending money like water on marketing this site and which is not for selling like this at this cheap price...

I hope no-one falls for it. Sedo's notice on the page is very easy to miss, and should be more prominent:

This is an Internationalized Domain (IDN). Technically the domain is XN--N-IGA.COM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well spotted. That's a real scam. Sedo should make the warning much more prominent.

He's not scammer! Here's the proof!

hello, i have seen that its not a scam.
The domain which he is selling is an IDN Domain where the word "in" is from a unicode characters whose Ascii relevant is "xn--n-iga" & his domain selling is genuine one and parked on sedo.

I think, that he couldnt type IDN unicode characters in vbulletin topic title, so he wrote in.com instead which is already taken. so, he's a genuine seller.

But still, i dont think anybody would like to buy the IDN domain name now, except the chinese & russians who use more of IDN words in their keyboard.

Still, the seller should beware that buying & selling a typoo domain of a Trademarked Company's domain is against ICANN UDRP policy and any buyer of this domain could loose the domain in a legal suit if owners of the Trademarked domain like in.com approach ICANN with Copyright & Trademark violation with the help of Domain Name Legal Experts Like DomainMagistrate.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: He's not scammer! Here's the proof!

I agree with your point..however Sedo still needs to make sure that it advertises it in the right fashion..by no means can the rate of IN.COM and the IDN be the same..

8000 Euros?

Acc to what I hear, Web 18 has spent nearly 1.5 crores ( 15 million rupees) on just MARKETING this domain and has a userbase of 2 million already.

Whoever sells that for 8000 euros?

I think the point being made is that if someone doesn't know about IDNs or they don't see Sedo's notice, they could end up buying the domain name thinking they are buying IN.com, when in fact they are buying XN--N-IGA.COM.

Sedo needs to make it crystal clear that it's an IDN – perhaps in red font so that the notice is not so easily missed!

I agree..imagine the fate of the buyer who ends up buying the domain name thinking his buying the actual in.com

I am sure no one will fall for that silly thing! Someone who would pay that huge amount will definitely do his homework. Don't worry about it guys.

And in worst case if some fool buys it out for that huge sum of money, I think he deserved it. In this business, detailing is much important or you are doomed.

I am sure no one will fall for that silly thing! Someone who would pay that huge amount will definitely do his homework. Don't worry about it guys.

There is always a newbie out there that might fall for it.

And in worst case if some fool buys it out for that huge sum of money, I think he deserved it. In this business, detailing is much important or you are doomed.

We all make mistakes - I don't think it means we are foolish. Now if we don't learn from all our mistakes, then we are being foolish.

Also, there are people out there that will deliberately try and mislead you.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom