How to sell my domain?

IT.com

indian rep

This question may be is silly. But I really don't know how to sell a domain. I am planning to sell my domain for the first time. It is registered in name.com How can I now sell it? It is registered for 1 year. I suppose I am clear with my question. Please let me know.

The best way to sell is just to hold your domains and wait to be approached. That's the way you will get the best prices. While you are waiting, you should be sure to list your domains at Sedo and Afternic. It's pretty straightforward to do this - you just need to create an account (although for Afternic there is a fee). Also, be sure to have a contact form on your domains (many parking companies include this option on their parking pages).

If you don't want to wait, then you'll need to be a bit more proactive. Listing a name for sale on the various domain forums is probably the quickest way to sell. If you are not sure of the value, you can ask for appraisals first. Or, you can sell them on the forums in an auction format.

Snapnames also has a Sellers Program that will allow you to list a domain for auction. You can sign up for that here:
https://www.snapnames.com/sellerProgramOverview.jsp

Another alternative is a Sedo auction. Sedo will only let you start an auction if you have an offer on the domain (minimum offer $60). If your domain is worth more than $60, you can always get a friend to place a $60 offer so that you can start an auction. Or, you could list your domain on a site like this:
PushToAuction.com

If your domains are more valuable, I'd wait until a major domain conference and see if you can get the domain accepted into the auction there. As well, GreatDomains.com offers monthly auctions for premium domains, and you may want to submit your domain there.

The best way to start is likely taking offers in a forum. That way you can gauge what sort of interest there is in your domains without committing to selling at any price. Based on the amount of interest, you can decide what to do - perhaps set a fixed price, or negotiate with someone who has expressed interest in your domain, or send it off to auction.

Thanks for all your valuable point.

These details are not known to me and so it IS very helpful. But I also have another silly doubt. I have registered a domain in name.com - When a person places a bid and I want to sell my domain to him, how will I sell it? I can't find any such option in name.com .

The easiest and quickest way to transfer a domain is to "push" it to the buyer's account at the same registrar. Most registrars have a "push" option, including Name.com. In your Domain Management panel at Name.com, just click "Account Transfer" and follow the instructions.

Jeff,
I'm not very experienced with selling domains. I see you said the best way is to wait to be approached. I know you can potentially get a better price that way, but is that better than listing them as soon as possible, and selling in bulk?

I do both :) - I list my domains at Sedo and Afternic, and also have contact forms on the actual domain if people are interested.

The more ways people can find that you have domains to sell, the better.

I don't like to sell in bulk, as you normally end up with a lower price.

But really, it all depends on your business model. People who earn money flipping domains depend on a fast turnaround, so it's advantageous for them to sell quickly at a lower price, even in bulk.

You've got to figure out what works best for you.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom