Hindi How will Siri / natural language interfaces effect the search engines

Wanda

China - India Massive markets. How will Siri / natural language interfaces effect the search engines with so many dialects other than Mandarin ? I can see how Hindi as the first language will be a leap forward in accessing education and ultimately commerce in India (English is too elitist) The natural language interfaces will offer soooo much to sooooo many.

How do you think it will effect the growth of Hindi .com IDN's ? in 5 years.

PlayaSwe

I've seen the effect of IDN's in the European market. Average IDN's already sell for $200-1000 in Sweden, and good ones for $2000-25000. In Germany, you can get over $50k for good IDNs.

The only negative with IDN's are in email addresses.. but for search engine rankings they rock!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wanda

My post is about natural language interfaces and how they will effect the search engines in the Indian continent. Not about monetary values toady, It is inevitable that Hindi will be the key to commercial growth. It will be the Hindi.com IDN's that will be sought after in 5 -6 years. Even the Indian legal system will be shamed into using Hindi as it's first language. It is the same as using latin bibles in the UK - Elitist and commercially ludite

paullopez

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I don't understand why you are trying to make a connection between iphone siri and search engines?
[/FONT]

PlayaSwe

My post is about natural language interfaces and how they will effect the search engines in the Indian continent. Not about monetary values toady, It is inevitable that Hindi will be the key to commercial growth. It will be the Hindi.com IDN's that will be sought after in 5 -6 years. Even the Indian legal system will be shamed into using Hindi as it's first language. It is the same as using latin bibles in the UK - Elitist and commercially ludite
Why .com's? I'd be more natural with .IN or secondly, .CO.IN. That's what happend all over Europe. People don't use .com so much in Europe, but they love their local TLD's such as .SE, .DK, .DE, .IT etc.

paullopez

Why .com's? I'd be more natural with .IN or secondly, .CO.IN. That's what happend all over Europe. People don't use .com so much in Europe, but they love their local TLD's such as .SE, .DK, .DE, .IT etc.
According to my communication with other entrepreneurs mostly they prefer ccTLD domains (.co.uk, .de, etc...) when their main target is local industry. For global business still TLD domain extensions are favorite. However, it depends on each person's point of view.

Wanda

PlayaSwe @: Hi, cc domains are the best branded & trusted names outside the internaional .com brand, The reason I choose the com in Hindi is because the Indian government unjustly handed over a number of generic indian cc domains from the original registrants in the past. ICAN run the world registry for the International .com and corruption is not an issue.

paullopez@ Hi, Most English language .com TLD's were already registered by North Americans & International brands cc TLD's are very good in terms of brand and perceived trust.
I am not a tech expert but it seems to me that if you cannot read or write English and your mother tongue is Hindi then natural language interfaces will be a god-send to the educational systems and harness the power of the masses for development / commerce, the eletist Indian will soon embrace this for financial reasons and the cat will be out of the bag. that is in terms of all advertising / commercial text.

Last edited by a moderator:

paullopez

Hi, Most English language .com TLD's were already registered by North Americans & International brands cc TLD's are very good in terms of brand and perceived trust.
Well this is a fact :) and that's the reason ccTLD is more important these days. But they are costly as compared to TLDs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C India.com Hindi IDN इंडिया.com starting bid 1 USD External Auctions 2
C prostitute.com in HINDI IDN - वेश्या.com External Auctions 0
A Is it a bad idea to buy Hindi domain names now? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
GNIMUY pomelo in hindi For Sale 0
S Machhalee.com - Hindi dictionary .com - Fish For Sale 0
C से.क्सcom xn--11b3eb2d5a.com Hindi IDN of sex.com equivalent For Sale 0
O hindi .com premium domain names For Sale 0
R hindi words General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
R Hindi slangs General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest Moo.IN Sells@$3K, Artika.com $2K ('Artika' means 'Elder Sister' in Hindi/Sanskrit) | SEDO.com Sales General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest DILLI.com Sells@EUR 12K (appx. $13,451) / ('Dilli' is the Hindi 'transliteration' For 'Delhi' General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
R Hindi content compare to English in India General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
H Beer.India (बीयर.भारत) Full Bharat Hindi Domain. Offers over $10,000 For Sale 0
domainking131 Google Adsense will now support Hindi General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Jeff Google Adsense now in Hindi Webmaster Forum 3
anquest SHISHA.com Sells For US$190K (Hindi for 'Window(s)/Glass') | HINDIweb.com For $35K General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
K Google AdSense now supports Hindi language Indian IDNs 1
A "My sweetheart" in hindi...check it out!! For Sale 0
A Looking for .com domain in hindi...not idns Domains Wanted 9
M Dictionary domain hindi to english and few others Non-Indian Domains 0
B Indian .coms hindi/urdu generic, one words, brandable, short $1000 budget General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
W Good News: Google has released a Hindi Input app for Android phones General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
W Noting the rise in Hindi language ad spend General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
D Hindi IDN Owner's - Any Traffic? Indian IDNs 2
wot For the Hindi experts here: भारतगणराज्य.com Domain Appraisals 3
indiweb WTS: Google Approved Hindi News Website for sale. Websites 0
S क्रिकेट.tv - Cricket.tv - Hindi For Sale 0
C प्रबंधन.com |Management.com in Hindi External Auctions 0
I Hindi .IN Domains For Sale 1
R dot-Bharat domain names in Hindi by May 2012 Indian IDNs 13
ebiz4india Listen AKON latest HINDI Song - Bollywood The Lounge 2
indy Hindi word for "STORE" (please spell it in English) The Lounge 2
I Selling Hindi IDNs .com domains - Please make offer For Sale 0
I Rare Hindi Adult Domains - Adult Domains 1
C First Hindi IDN based website (blog) Indian IDNs 3
S First 5 Figure Hindi IDN Domain Name SOLD! Indian IDNs 2
wot हिन्दी.tv Hindi .tv For Sale 0
M इनश्योरेंस.com (Insurance written in Hindi) Indian IDNs 2
C English the official business language in India - not Hindi. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
I Indian 'Hindi' Domain For Sale For Sale 0
A .in registry creates test IDN names in Hindi and English Indian IDNs 4
C one letter hindi domains ज्ञ.com त्र.com Domain Appraisals 1
C Hindi in English, what's the potential? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Ceres Hindi Version of WordPress Webmaster Forum 8
Ceres Google Contest: Submit Your Hindi Content Webmaster Forum 1
Ceres The Progress of the Hindi Language The Lounge 0
Ceres Delhi HC: Lawyers Want Right to Present Cases in Hindi The Lounge 0
Jeff Virtual Hindi Keyboards Indian IDNs 0
Ceres Facebook available in Hindi, Punjabi, and other languages The Lounge 1
Jeff Hindi Release of Windows 7 Indian IDNs 7