Hindi How will Siri / natural language interfaces effect the search engines

IT.com

Wanda

China - India Massive markets. How will Siri / natural language interfaces effect the search engines with so many dialects other than Mandarin ? I can see how Hindi as the first language will be a leap forward in accessing education and ultimately commerce in India (English is too elitist) The natural language interfaces will offer soooo much to sooooo many.

How do you think it will effect the growth of Hindi .com IDN's ? in 5 years.

I've seen the effect of IDN's in the European market. Average IDN's already sell for $200-1000 in Sweden, and good ones for $2000-25000. In Germany, you can get over $50k for good IDNs.

The only negative with IDN's are in email addresses.. but for search engine rankings they rock!

Last edited by a moderator:
My post is about natural language interfaces and how they will effect the search engines in the Indian continent. Not about monetary values toady, It is inevitable that Hindi will be the key to commercial growth. It will be the Hindi.com IDN's that will be sought after in 5 -6 years. Even the Indian legal system will be shamed into using Hindi as it's first language. It is the same as using latin bibles in the UK - Elitist and commercially ludite

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I don't understand why you are trying to make a connection between iphone siri and search engines?
[/FONT]

My post is about natural language interfaces and how they will effect the search engines in the Indian continent. Not about monetary values toady, It is inevitable that Hindi will be the key to commercial growth. It will be the Hindi.com IDN's that will be sought after in 5 -6 years. Even the Indian legal system will be shamed into using Hindi as it's first language. It is the same as using latin bibles in the UK - Elitist and commercially ludite

Why .com's? I'd be more natural with .IN or secondly, .CO.IN. That's what happend all over Europe. People don't use .com so much in Europe, but they love their local TLD's such as .SE, .DK, .DE, .IT etc.

Why .com's? I'd be more natural with .IN or secondly, .CO.IN. That's what happend all over Europe. People don't use .com so much in Europe, but they love their local TLD's such as .SE, .DK, .DE, .IT etc.

According to my communication with other entrepreneurs mostly they prefer ccTLD domains (.co.uk, .de, etc...) when their main target is local industry. For global business still TLD domain extensions are favorite. However, it depends on each person's point of view.

PlayaSwe @: Hi, cc domains are the best branded & trusted names outside the internaional .com brand, The reason I choose the com in Hindi is because the Indian government unjustly handed over a number of generic indian cc domains from the original registrants in the past. ICAN run the world registry for the International .com and corruption is not an issue.

paullopez@ Hi, Most English language .com TLD's were already registered by North Americans & International brands cc TLD's are very good in terms of brand and perceived trust.
I am not a tech expert but it seems to me that if you cannot read or write English and your mother tongue is Hindi then natural language interfaces will be a god-send to the educational systems and harness the power of the masses for development / commerce, the eletist Indian will soon embrace this for financial reasons and the cat will be out of the bag. that is in terms of all advertising / commercial text.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Most English language .com TLD's were already registered by North Americans & International brands cc TLD's are very good in terms of brand and perceived trust.

Well this is a fact :) and that's the reason ccTLD is more important these days. But they are costly as compared to TLDs.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom