Here’s why domainer Tim Schoon chooses eBay to auction off 150 LLLL.com

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
After reaching an all-time high in late 2015, prices for short domains such as four letter .com domains have been taking a bit of a hit lately. There’s been a lot of chatter and speculation on the forums about where the market for these type of names is heading to in the months to come. Is it time to sell or is the perfect time to buy into this market? One investor who has been very successful riding the wave is Dutch domain name investor Tim Schoon of PEJ.com.

Tim is currently auctioning off 150 four letter .com domains on eBay at no-reserve. I asked him why he decided to auction off these names right now and Tim explained to me that it’s tax season in the Netherlands and he’s raising funds to pay taxes. Because LLLL are very liquid they are a great way to raise funds quickly.

He added: four-letters domains have been going up and down quite a bit during the past months. I think that we’re on the low end of the curve right now so I’m not too happy about having to sell these right now. I bought most of them years ago for pennies on the dollar so it should still be a good profit. I tried to list a mix of different types of domains, so there are some Chips, western premiums, a few CVCV’s and others.

This fantastic article may be read on DNGEEK

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom