Comparison LLL.in/LLL.com

IT.com

domaining123

Hello,

I have 2 questions conserning LLL.in market, maybe experienced domaininers can give their opinion:

1. Some of us are waiting a rise of the LLL.in market. Is the LLL.in market similar to the LLL.com market? Do you remember the LLL.com buyout? The domainers behaviour was similar?

2. Do you have an idea of how much LLL.in are in the hands of end users?
How many of the total 17576 LLL.in can still be sold?

1. The difference is that one is for the whole world while the other is for Indians.
3. My guess is that only a couple of thousand are in use.

Thanks for your update Chaudi. My post is a bit old, and since then, I performed the following analysis (also posted on another forum):

-----------------------------------------

Some domainers are comparing the current state of the .in market, to the state of the .com market in 1998/1999. Only the state of the market! Not the potential (I'm not comparing the value .in and .com names). There is a excellent post on this subject on a very well known forum, dealing with Indian domain names...

I think it's a good comparison, especially for LLL.in market. Indeed, the LLL.com buyout occured early 2000 (http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-...ml#post2872510). With the increasing value that everyone know (impacted by the crisis, yes...), cf. the chart below (data come from a very well known website, dealing with 3 characters sales...). As you can see, LLL.com value reached $1000 in 2005, so 5 years after the buyout. In the first year(s) after the buyout, the prices were (I think, since I was not in domaining at this date) in the range high XX, low XXX. Like LLL.in will be in 1 or 2 years: just check domainers sales for triple premium on this forum...

All this post to say that, yes, getting a good ROI with LLL.in takes a long time. But I think it's a very good investment, especially in a country code associated to an English speaking nation with ~8% growth, with a lot of IT oriented business, and a population around 1 200 000 000...

If people have the same type of data for .de market, it could be interesting.

Any comments?

10rprwj.png

Very interesting post... My gut feeling is LLL.in will gives good ROI for sure as using the acronym is a common practice for big business houses in India ( example : DLF , GVR, GMR , PVR...etc) , what it lacks is the awareness of these big companies knowing the value of acquiring these names. Surely in next 3 to 5 years LLL.ins will be the hot cakes of in domain market. I strongly advise to invest in LLL.ins

Cheers

Very interesting post... My gut feeling is LLL.in will gives good ROI for sure as using the acronym is a common practice for big business houses in India ( example : DLF , GVR, GMR , PVR...etc) , what it lacks is the awareness of these big companies knowing the value of acquiring these names. Surely in next 3 to 5 years LLL.ins will be the hot cakes of in domain market. I strongly advise to invest in LLL.ins

Cheers

With posts like this, you'll soon be able to do no wrong in my eyes :p

You're very correct about lll.ins.renewal fees are relatively flat, but value is increasing at least 25% year on... at a minimum and thats even painful to sell for that low.Triple premiums are a win-win situation..

I just had IIA.in sell at Sedo auction for $181- looks like even resellers were not interested.It was also promoted to a large number of potential end users in India and abroad.

I guess the .com would be well in to $xx,xxx

1. The difference is that one is for the whole world while the other is for Indians.
3. My guess is that only a couple of thousand are in use.
Actually a lot of .in domains are used by people/companies outside India, including outside.in :p

Surely in next 3 to 5 years LLL.ins will be the hot cakes of in domain market. I strongly advise to invest in LLL.ins
Yes, but the highest valuations go to single word domains with commercial value, even in .com

I just had IIA.in sell at Sedo auction for $181- looks like even resellers were not interested.It was also promoted to a large number of potential end users in India and abroad.
Just one of those that slip through the cracks wot, had it on my watchlist and had a prebid in, but by the time I remembered and went to bid, it had closed, not that I'd have gone much higher, but all vowel lll.in are rare and one with a repeating vowel, rarer still, would have been quite a snag, whoever got it came out a winner.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom