Coffee or tea?

IT.com

vlada

There are many opinions about the useful amount of coffee and tea that we can drink without any danger to our health. What is your opinion on this question?
I love coffee more than tea and I have read that coffee is good for women to drink, at least 2 cups a day, it helps with health.

I live in a hot climate and I really do not enjoy drinking hot beverages. I do drink ice tea and ice coffee almost every day. I don't know how much caffeine intake would be dangerous for a person.

There's another post that talks about our never ending addiction to coffee and tea :D - see: http://www.inforum.in/lounge/1251-coffee-tea-your-choice.html

Regarding health aspects, yesterday I read news reports about Durham University's recent study on coffee consumption.

Coffee-induced hallucinations? Caffeinated co-eds hear voices, study says: Scientific American Blog

Java is known to give some people the jitters if they drink too much of it. But can it also trigger hallucinations?

It may if you consume enough of it, say British psychologists, who report in the journal Personality and Individual Differences this week that college students they studied said they sometimes heard faux voices after chugging at least seven cups of coffee daily.

But the Durham University researchers acknowledge that their study of 219 coeds doesn’t prove that caffeine, a stimulant in coffee, actually caused them to hallucinate. For instance, the students who reported hearing voices may have had psychological disorders and been chugging cups of, in this case, instant coffee to help them cope with symptoms, write study co-authors Charles Fernyhough, a developmental psychologist, and grad student Simon Jones.

Interesting study. At the end of day, caffeine must have some kind of impact on us, otherwise why are we all so addicted to it? :p Whether it has a bad impact may depend on who you ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not very fond of tea as I have earlier said also. If given a choice my pick would surely be a hot coffee. I feel if things are safe if taken in moderation, problem arises when one starts with addiction to something be it tea or coffee.

Likes JamesB here I also live on a hot country but I still prefer to drink a hot coffee because it keeps me awakes and it is a very good match with some bread.

I'm not a coffee drinker. I prefer drinking tea as it may help ward off Osteoporosis which, I think, is very important. Tea may be more vital to our health than we think.

Both are harmful for health if taken in excess so we should opt for the one which harms less. So i prefer tea when i am in stress.

I've convinced my brother who's a smoker to drink tea as its also rich in various vitamins and, it helps to discharge nicotine out of the system. Just don't make your tea too strong. It does not go to say that the stronger the tea, the more advantages it will yield.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom