Analysis of 1.28M Registered .In Domains

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Really interesting - thanks Ace! I'm surprised about the stats from China. I knew that they were investing in .in domains, but did not realise to what extent.

Ace

Really interesting - thanks Ace! I'm surprised about the stats from China. I knew that they were investing in .in domains, but did not realise to what extent.

There are lot more surprises in store, maybe in part 3.

Also, I was hoping the registry should publish these stats themselves, would be glad to help them out though.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Ace - thanks so much for continuing the series!

Note a small typo: "20005"

I don't fully understand why the first two tables are different. Wouldn't age and year of registration be the same pretty much?

Interesting that there are only about 26K domains around that were continuously registered since 2005. That would likely include most of the premium .in domains, which seems a pretty small set. I would have thought that there would be more premium domains than that.

Interesting also about the Chinese registrar.

Unfortunate that Godaddy has eaten so much of the local registrars market share :(

Ace

Ace - thanks so much for continuing the series!

Note a small typo: "20005"

Thanks for pointing that out, corrected.

I don't fully understand why the first two tables are different. Wouldn't age and year of registration be the same pretty much?

You are correct, it was just another way of looking at the data, and they vary slightly in 2015/2016 group as you see. I have a hunch that many names will drop that were registered in 2015, that is why posting it, so that I can refer it in my future post. Sorry, pre-emptively, justifying that might happen.

Unfortunate that Godaddy has eaten so much of the local registrars market share :(

I agree, they have very aggressive marketing team, and they know that India is an important market, they cannot afford to lose.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit MOZ now offers a free domain name SEO analysis tool Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton's analysis on NamesCon Europe auction Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton's analysis on Uniregistry domain sales report Resources 0
Digital Pandit Morgan Linton's analysis of BrandBucket’s April Sales Data Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit An Analysis: Using FB for buying and selling domains profitably? Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Kings of .Com – Registrar Analysis Registrars 0
marsh PEST Analysis Business and Economy 4
domainking131 An analysis of a domain acquisition 8888.xyz New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Chinese domain analysis for 8/1/16 - 6N.net see volume and prices to the upside Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Analysis of Available Western 5 Letter Domains CVCVC.com and Others Non-Indian Domains 0
CyberKing Google Q4 Earnings Disappoint - Analysis and Conference Call Digest The Lounge 0
domainking131 Backlinks analysis software for free Webmaster Forum 0
domainking131 GoDaddy splashes out $28m on Marchex domain portfolio Non-Indian Domains 2
Digital Pandit Almost a million new .nl domains registered in 2020 Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit The 5 ways to contact the owner of a GoDaddy-Registered domain after the CCPA Resources 0
Digital Pandit List of domains registered by Amazon for the Seattle arena Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit List of domains registered by NBC Universal, Microsoft, Merck, Fox Media, NetFlix Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit As per DomainTools, 68,000 dangerous coronavirus domains have been registered Registrars 0
Digital Pandit ICANN: Fewer new GTLDs will be registered and renewed in 2020 New GTLDs 0
Digital Pandit Dan Sanchez's list of quality domains not yet registered Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Elliot Silver's advice for people selling newly registered domains Resources 0
Digital Pandit DoseBuy has hand-registered a bunch of .CX domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit Unit42 finds 70% of newly registered domains are considered “not safe for work” Non-Indian Domains 0
Digital Pandit CloudInsure .com : Domain was registered before the #trademark; UDRP included a chronology of even Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit Bob Casey For President? Democratic Senator’s Domain Name Registered to GOP Non-Indian Domains 0
NoeIST 100,000 .RS domain names registered Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Crypto and Blockchain are registered with the Trademark Clearinghouse Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ The three most-registered new gTLDs took three very different paths last year New GTLDs 0
Domainyx 500.000.000 tokens to 1.000.000 Registered Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 New GoDaddy phishing email and website using a domain registered at GoDaddy! Registrars 1
domainking131 Airbnb registered these outrageous domains after hotel industry launched outrageous ad campaign Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Amazon Files Trademark for Prepared Food Kits; Domain Registered Same Day News Breaks Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Over 19,000 .blog domain names registered in first 24 hours New GTLDs 0
domainking131 3,500 Trump .Com & .Net Domains Registered in Last 48 Hours Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 .US Extension Tops 2 Million Registered Domains For 1st Time After 31 Years Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 GoDaddy Surpasses 1 Million Registered Domains in the United Kingdom Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 AppleMcLaren.com just registered Non-Indian Domains 0
Jeff Free .bharat domain with every .in registered Indian IDNs 6
domainking131 Nearly 4,000 pokemon names registered Non-Indian Domains 0
D 4 New INDRP disputes registered in June month Legal Issues and Dispute 2
domainking131 Over 53% Of New gTLD Are Registered In China New GTLDs 0
domainking131 ButtonMakers.com Registered in 2007 Lost in UDRP To Co. That Registered TM in 2014 Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 There are now over 14 million registered new gTLD New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Big companies recently registered these domain names Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 All single character .Car domains are registered New GTLDs 0
domainking131 11 million+ new gTLDs registered New GTLDs 0
domainking131 DonaldTrump.Sucks registered via This.Sucks New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Schlonged.com was just registered and is available for sale at $200k Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 How I just registered Twitter.sucks for free in just five clicks Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Close to 3.1 Million Domain Names Registered in the Third Quarter of 2015 Non-Indian Domains 0