Analysis of 1.28M Registered .In Domains

IT.com
Really interesting - thanks Ace! I'm surprised about the stats from China. I knew that they were investing in .in domains, but did not realise to what extent.

Really interesting - thanks Ace! I'm surprised about the stats from China. I knew that they were investing in .in domains, but did not realise to what extent.

There are lot more surprises in store, maybe in part 3.

Also, I was hoping the registry should publish these stats themselves, would be glad to help them out though.

Ace - thanks so much for continuing the series!

Note a small typo: "20005"

I don't fully understand why the first two tables are different. Wouldn't age and year of registration be the same pretty much?

Interesting that there are only about 26K domains around that were continuously registered since 2005. That would likely include most of the premium .in domains, which seems a pretty small set. I would have thought that there would be more premium domains than that.

Interesting also about the Chinese registrar.

Unfortunate that Godaddy has eaten so much of the local registrars market share :(

Ace - thanks so much for continuing the series!

Note a small typo: "20005"

Thanks for pointing that out, corrected.

I don't fully understand why the first two tables are different. Wouldn't age and year of registration be the same pretty much?

You are correct, it was just another way of looking at the data, and they vary slightly in 2015/2016 group as you see. I have a hunch that many names will drop that were registered in 2015, that is why posting it, so that I can refer it in my future post. Sorry, pre-emptively, justifying that might happen.

Unfortunate that Godaddy has eaten so much of the local registrars market share :(

I agree, they have very aggressive marketing team, and they know that India is an important market, they cannot afford to lose.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom