Allowed sites

IT.com

newyorkdude

If you use Google AdSense (advertisements on your blog/website or Google for Domains) there is a feature at the end of the AdSense Setup called "Allowed Sites." It was introduced as an option about August 2007. As far as I know, most people pay no attention to it. The idea is that Google will permit any advertisement that is allowed (that is, any advertisement that is not specifically blocked). Google politely suggests that people not block anything and allow whatever Google wants--which, as far as I know, is the option most people choose.

A couple of years ago I stumbled upon a website that shed a different light on this matter. This website claimed that Google places many advertisement on websites that yield only pennies per click. The people who ran this website were trying to find ways to block out as many small money advertisers as possible. They wanted advertisers who paid larger amounts per click (for example, the other day I got over $1 for a single click).

This website published a list to cut and paste into the 'Allowed Sites' section of AdSense. The list was their attempt to block out cheap advertisers, allowing webmasters to earn more per click.

I copied their list and pasted it into my 'Allowed Sites'--even though Google warned me not to do so. I have no idea whether this cut and paste increased my revenue. In any case, I forgot the list and didn't think about it for more than a year.

I recently tried to return to the website that published the first list. I couldn't find it. It is history, as far as I can tell.

My question: does anyone know of a similar list that can be placed on the AdSense 'Allowed Sites' space? Does anyone have a scheme to (legally) eliminate or reduce low paying clicks from Google, replacing them with higher paying clicks?

Interesting, I've never tried that - I'll play around with it and see what effect it has.

Perhaps you can find the list in archive.org?

Jensense.com is a good adsense blog - perhaps you can find something about it there?

Thanx for the reference to jensense.com I took a kwik look. Lots of yummy information. I'll have to devote more time to it to find a reference to the problem I started with.

Go to: Adsense Tips: Increase earnings with Competitive Ads Filter | Adsense Tips

Toward the bottom of the page are the words: "I’ve put my list of 200 MFA sites here, if you need them."

Click on the link. Copy the list. Paste the list onto your Competitive Ads Filter space an your Google AdSense panel.

I assume this is 100% legal. If it is not, please let me know ASAP and I will delete it. Under no circumstances do I want to encourage illegal behavior.

Very helpful - thanks!

I can't see any reason why this would break Google's TOS.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom