Hiding of .IN Domain WHOIS allowed ?

IT.com

archer

Is the WHOIS information of .IN Domain is allowed to be hidden/protected, as per IN Registry policies/guidelines ?

Though, I don't think so but still some Hong Kong based company is providing such a service:
: Domain ID Shield Service... @ http://www.onlinenic.com/idshield/.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several who claim to offer this service even now and charge customers. I have sent several examples to support at registry and no action has been taken in months. Take a look at another creative work around (AHH.in) - how is this valid?

Interesting they specify this "Note: This service is available for .com .net .org .biz .mobi .info .in Only. "

Take an example of prelaunch.in - another creative way used - do some digging on the registrant email and domain name behind it - you will see...is this compliant?

Thanks for the inputs on this thread, i have been able to serve a legal notice to Online NIC for trying to provide Privacy Protection services for .IN Domains and within few hours, now the said link Wholesale domain registration and internet services -- OnlineNIC Inc. reads as follows:

Note: This service is available for .com .net .org .biz .mobi .info Only.

Reference to .IN Domain extension has been removed and also received the following reply...

Hello,
We've removed Domain Privacy services from the domain name ____.in. And we're now taking immediate action to adjust our domain name system in order to forbid .IN domain names any kind of proxy services in future.

Peter Sun
OnlineNIC Customer Support Manager

Though, matter related to some online defamation matter of some related Domain Name, in which they were also addressed as registrar and a copy was sent to NIXI as well. And Online NIC have cooperated very well :)

Finding a lot more domains with masked owners with creative privacy protection: Checkout DigitalMoney.in and eColony.in

Double edged sword, should be consistent policy implementation however and policed by the registry (currently the worst governance I have seen among any)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom