You might need a license to operate a web server in the future

Prashant Sharan

Country flag
PALM BEACH, FL – I have been thinking about this off and on for a few years now, but I have never really posted or written about it. That is because it is an awful prediction that I hate the idea of, but I think it is going to eventually happen. Here it goes….

I predict that to operate a web server sometime in the near future, you will be required to have a license, or have passed a basic course in IT security or Cybersecurity mitigation. Not at the single site consumer level, but at the dedicated or semi-dedicated level.

Full article link

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Frank Schilling and XYZ might sell .car, .cars and .auto registries New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Lockdown might be playing a catalyst in driving domain registrations ? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN’s next public meeting might be cancelled due to Coronavirus threat Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Verisign might get its billion-dollar .com pricing windfall Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN might slay Whois for good Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN Audit: 60 gTLDs registries might have security loopholes Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan You might be sitting on a low liquid value portfolio Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Blockchain.io lawsuit might move forward Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Are you kidding me!! : PrivateJet.com's 2012 sale for $30 million might not have happened Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Uber.com might have equaled $532 million Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Something you might not know about $60,000 sale of Business.club Resources 0
JulienJ Weeds, Inc. might have gotten better legal advice Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ What might be the future of Domain Names ? Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Registrations might just be biggest vanity metric when it comes to new gTLDs New GTLDs 0
CyberKing One reason why crypto-currencies might be risky investments Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Chinese Might be Able to Trade Bitcoin Again Soon Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 The Untapped Online Marketing Asset You Might Not Be Aware of Resources 1
domainking131 Amazon.com might be getting into Ticket Biz Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 You might not be able to register that .APP domain you were so keen about New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Illegal stuff which you might not know Resources 0
domainking131 Fiverr might be a good option if you are just starting off!! Webmaster Forum 0
D Domains U might like For Sale 0
ImageAuthors Back-Linker.com at Flippa (Comparable sales might surprise you) External Auctions 0
D Domains U Might Like For Sale 0
D Domains U Might Like For Sale 0
Ace [Link] How a Search Engine Might Handle Singular and Plural Queries Webmaster Forum 3
Prashant Sharan Do we really need domain name appraisal services? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Domainers come together on Twitter to help those in need Resources 0
Prashant Sharan You will now need a PIN Number to talk to Sedo’s customer service Registrars 0
CyberKing Need Growth? Join the Link Exchange Platform - Linkgy.com Marketing Your Website 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy customers need to use 2FA for Customer Support Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Your web address and site may need to reflect patent ownership for its protection Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Domain marketplaces need a two-factor authentication Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Rick's musings: Need, Want, Desire, Value, Demand, Timing & Location Resources 0
C Possible price increase by Verisign for .com TLD, need to rally Business and Economy 0
J In Need of an Escrow Service? Resources 0
D Need marketing and SEO tips? Try SEObook. Resources 2
jedi Domain MakeBreakfast.in - need to sell now! For Sale 0
domainking131 Why Freelance Platforms Need Improvements Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Does Bitcoin Really Need Wall Street? Cryptocurrencies 0
Raman Need Graphics Designing Help Webmaster Forum 1
domainking131 Domain Investors Need To Learn Some Trademark Law Legal Issues and Dispute 1
domainking131 The one tip startup founders need to know about tracking down domain name owners Resources 3
F Need Advice from Experienced domainers General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
IamAnhart Need help with choosing a VPS host Hosting 2
Irfan Shafi Need a Broker to sell my Indian news website General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Bazil patel freelist.co.in let me know i need a quick sale For Sale 0
H New .in Droplist Service - need BETA testers Resources 15
domainking131 If you need to read some fantastic inspirational stories, here is a website The Lounge 1
domainking131 A Hand Reg Home Run and Why You Need Patience Non-Indian Domains 0