WOMEN IN DOMAINING: NATASA DJUKANOVIC, CMO OF DOMAIN.ME

JulienJ

An economist by education, Natasa Djukanovic is the CMO of Domain.ME, the international tech company that operates the internet domain “.ME.” She’s spent her entire career at the intersection of banking, social media, leadership and technology, and is constantly trying to figure out the secret to being in three different places at the same time.

Natasa is also a co-founder of a local NGO Digitalizuj.me which is a not-for-profit organisation that examines the transformative power of technology through various projects and lectures.

Through her effort to help the community she started with her friends a conference Spark.me, which is today one of the biggest tech/business conferences in Southeast Europe.

I last connected with Natasa back in 2011, so it’s long past due that we catch up.

Mike: Natasa, it’s been quite a while since I last interviewed you. What has changed for you and dot ME since 2011?

Natasa: Well, everything changed. And yet, nothing changed. We managed to almost reach the long term goals we established at that time. For us at the time the most important goal was to create a strong and safe brand. We did a brand health research in 2017 and were quite please to see that we are perceived as a strong and reliable brand. The numbers are quite as we expected, we survived the big turbulence of the market called new TLDs, mostly unshaken, and kept the profit. I have, in the meantime, grew old and mature :), although always strategically focused, now a little bit more flexible and adjustable. I started mountaineering and that activity gave me a completely different perspective on business, leadership and changing environment.

Complete interview

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JulienJ WOMEN IN DOMAINING: KATE BUCKLEY, BUCKLEY MEDIA GROUP The Lounge 0
CyberKing Women In Domaining - Introduced at NamesCon The Lounge 1
Prashant Sharan ICANN leadership jobs receive application from only half as many women Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy salutes women on International Woman's Day Registrars 0
DNJournal.com Women Rule! Female Domain Owners Take the Top Two Spots on This Week's Sales Chart The Lounge 0
domainking131 Women are spending more time on Google search than men. Here’s what they are looking for The Lounge 0
C Ad Slots available for Women's Lifestyle Site: womenpool.com For Sale / Advertising 0
G Two Great Domains Now in Sedo Auction - Ski Women & Strategic Movement [.] com External Auctions 0
jedi Domain Versatile women's domain ---- Non-India Related Domains 0
Ceres Google India Award: Women in Engineering The Lounge 1
Ceres WomensForum.in - Forum for Indian Women Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !!! : KickStart Commerce's Alvin Brown talks to QualityNames's Hiren Patel about his amazing domaining journey Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !!! : Dynadot's Todd Han about new sales system and domaining market in COVID times Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Sherpa Founders Series: Richard Lau on the future of domaining industry Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's takes a deep dive into domaining in an interview with GGRG's Giuseppe Graziano Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Ron Johnson analyses the effect of Covid_19 on domaining business Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Domaining Tip: Kassey Lee on using End user research to buy domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Some more measures that domaining industry has taken to combat Coronavirus Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Shane Cultra on coronavirus's impact on domaining Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The best domaining stories from 2019 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Price control removal will have a long term impact on the domaining Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: A a deep dive into South Korean domaining market Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Revisiting November 2009 domaining scandal Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: I don’t share the domaining industry’s excitement about the Voice.com sale Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Schwartz's domaining quiz:Some very difficult question answered Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Domaining Tips: setting deal deadlines Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Guta.com, the Sino-American bridge for domaining communities, publishes its sales report Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Week ended April 15th, 2019 domaining highlights Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The power of domaining: Mike Mann spent $20 bucks and makes almost forty grands Resources 0
Prashant Sharan From the Domain King's Blog: The .HorseSh*t Era of Domaining is over! Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A must read: Rick Swartz's simple domaining principle Resources 0
Prashant Sharan For Beginners: The best learning source for domaining as per you Non-Indian Domains 1
Prashant Sharan A one line advice to domaining beginners Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ INJURYATTORNEYFLORIDA.COM – GEO DOMAINING LIVES ON Non-Indian Domains 0
Jeff Godaddy & domaining tax dispute Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ Domaining Europe becomes NamesCon Europe The Lounge 0
JulienJ WIPO panel screws Domaining.com owner Francois Carrillo out of Ado.com Legal Issues and Dispute 1
JulienJ NamesCon Day Three Explores Crypto and Domaining Intersection Cryptocurrencies 0
JulienJ Trending domaining keywords: Coin, Crypto, Wallet, Blockchain, Ripple The Lounge 0
JulienJ Trending domaining keywords: Coin, Crypto, Wallet, Blockchain, Ripple The Lounge 0
JulienJ A cool domaining story – $1.99 to $20,000 The Lounge 2
domainking131 Domaining Europe to return to Valencia in 2018 The Lounge 0
domainking131 Is 50% of the domaining industry about to be washed away? Probably… The Lounge 1
domainking131 Spending more time on crypto currency than domaining? Cryptocurrencies 0
Sushant21 Sushant new to domaining Introduce Yourself 2
JackD Domaining a "Side-Hustle"? The Lounge 3
J0hn0 Hello all, hoping to learn more about domaining Introduce Yourself 1
domainking131 Buy Smart and Be Patient: The story behind Mike Mann's domaining empire The Lounge 1
domainking131 Chinese Domaining Masterclass Concludes With Numbers 0 And 10 Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 Domaining Europe 2016: Updated Agenda With New Speakers Announced Non-Indian Domains 0