What's the use of .XYZ?

bosconian

Hello,

I want to register a new domain for an online business I'm about to launch and came across the .XYZ gTLD. Is it safe to use that domain for any purposes? What is the intended use of that domain?

I think the new gTLDs are nice because now we have a much wider range to choose from. But I don't know if I should stick with .COM or use .XYZ or any other gTLD.

What do you say?

If you can get a dot com, then get it. I can hardly think of any special use for an XYZ extension. Is it any cheaper? I have seen dot online domains being offered for less than $1. That might be an incentive to use dot online. Off-hand dot online makes more sense than dot XYZ.

LLL.in King

Country flag
`1) China
2) .XYZ, for whatever reasons, including above, has emerged as a major new TLD.

Pls make a good decision. good luck

bosconian

@Aree Wongwanlee the registrar where I was checking out that domain is Pananames. Currently they are running this offer: .XYZ for $0.90 and .ONLINE for $0.99. There are just 9 cents of difference so getting one or another isn't a serious issue. .COM with them costs $9.95.

So maybe it's safer to just go with the dot COM right?

@Aree Wongwanlee the registrar where I was checking out that domain is Pananames. Currently they are running this offer: .XYZ for $0.90 and .ONLINE for $0.99. There are just 9 cents of difference so getting one or another isn't a serious issue. .COM with them costs $9.95.

So maybe it's safer to just go with the dot COM right?
Yes, if you can get the exact name you want with a dot com, then go ahead. When buying a domain name with an unusual extension with a very low price, make sure you find out beforehand what the renewal price is. The first year may cost you less than $1 but if the renewal costs more than $10, then it's going to be more expensive than a dot com. At least, for the dot com, I know that the price has been the same for many years, which is under $10. The only time I have used domain names with unusual extensions at nearly-free prices was when I wanted to set up multiple sites which I use to link back to my main site. Now I don't do that anymore because there are many blogging sites, like Wordpress, Blogger, and Tumblr where I can post short blogs that link back to my main site.

larryl332

90 cents is pretty cheap, but to be honest I really have no idea if that is pretty cheap or not, but it sounds good. I would think that a domain like that would actually be of some value just because of its ease of use, but I could be missing something here, and I suspect that I am.

Compared to the price of a dot com, 90 cents is definitely cheap. A dot com costs about $10. With a coupon code, it will cost only slightly less than $10. So if you are looking for a throwaway domain, then paying just 90 cents for the privilege of using for one whole year is a steal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DomainFQ.com $20 Each, BigDue.com |PassengerTaxi.com | BettingoddsTv.com |shoppe.best | Raws.xyz Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Frank Schilling and XYZ might sell .car, .cars and .auto registries New GTLDs 0
G .XYZ sales for as little as $0.60 New GTLDs 4
Prashant Sharan XYZ & CentralNic to forgo redemption fees during Coronavirus Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan XYZ.com buys 4 new gTLDs from L’Oreal New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan XYZ readies five top level domains this year Registrars 0
webmaster75 Alo.info, Alo.biz & Alo.xyz Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan XYZ buys unused gTLD New GTLDs 0
C 10 Indian Cities .xyz including srinagar.xyz For Sale 4
Prashant Sharan XYZ Registry Realeses its Q4 2018 report Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan XYZ.com LLC files three trademark applications New GTLDs 0
C Top Indian City names .xyz For Sale 5
C Ranchi.xyz - geographical domain - starting 1USD - no reserve External Auctions 0
sivaprakash ePayments.xyz Non-India Related Domains 1
domainking131 Trade Ethereum with 1.111B® .XYZ Domains with 99¢ Transfer Fees Cryptocurrencies 0
Jeremy Schulkin XYZ domains...free!! For Sale / Advertising 0
Domain Zone TheTube.xyz For Sale 2
jedi Domain BIN $15 for both >>> PEPR.xyz * PEEA.xyz <<< Non-India Related Domains 0
S 123studio.xyz Non-India Related Domains 0
S 123studio.xyz Non-India Related Domains 0
webmaster75 OWE.xyz, XYK.es, Amor.pro, Luupa.com & other domains Non-India Related Domains 10
anquest Oranginar.XYZ Sells @ EUR 2,350 (approx. US$2,639) | The SEDO.com Weekly List of Sales New GTLDs 0
domainking131 X-Formation launches Connect.xyz New GTLDs 0
domainking131 West.cn launches West.xyz New GTLDs 1
anquest Enbrel.XYZ Sells @ $2.5K / PAD.RE $2.98K (Nice 'Domain Hack' for 'Padre' ('Father' in English)) New GTLDs 0
anquest Co.LTD Sells@$115K, Lotto.INTERNATIONAL $5K, West.XYZ $5K, Horse.HORSE $2K, DNJ TOP 20 New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Accenture files UDRP on 75 .XYZ domain names New GTLDs 0
anquest .WIN Crosses 1 Million DN Registrations / 4th 'New TLD' To Do So / Joins .XYZ + .TOP + .WANG New GTLDs 0
amiable HostingPlan.xyz @ $50 For Sale 0
domainking131 Pheenix Introduces .XYZ Backorders For $4.99 & Increases Other Backorder Prices New GTLDs 0
domainking131 .XYZ Registry Launches Searchable Domain Name Drop Tool New GTLDs 0
domainking131 CEOs of .Club & .XYZ Go On A Twitter Battle New GTLDs 0
sellercunha Memorise.xyz and more premium opportunities .xyz Non-India Related Domains 0
domainking131 .XYZ domains : When you sell domains at $0.01 you become a spam enabler New GTLDs 2
domainking131 .XYZ Passes .Info With Over 5.5 Million Registrations New GTLDs 4
Bharat Get .xyz domain extension for Rs.10 for a year. Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 West.cn to prop up .xyz renewals with $1.5 million subsidy New GTLDs 5
domainking131 Verisign settles one of its lawsuits against XYZ Legal Issues and Dispute 0
anquest GoFundMe.IN Ranks #13 on DN Journal's "Country Code Top 20 Sales" Chart@$3.5K, 1.XYZ Sells@$182K New GTLDs 0
DomainSherpa DomainSherpa Review – May 2: AIX.com, FastFunds.com, LLL.xyz, Ecofund.com… The Lounge 0
domainking131 Cybercriminals target Chase accounts on .COM and .XYZ domains Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest Travel.AGENCY Sells For $9,999 / JJJ.XYZ $8.6K | The DN Journal Weekly List of the TOP 20 Sales Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Daniel Negari Of XYZ Offers $5 Million To Buy 4 New gTLD’s From Rightside New GTLDs 0
domainking131 .xyz Crosses 15 Billion Monthly DNS Queries Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 .XYZ Holding Exclusive Premium Auction of 150 Domains New GTLDs 0
anquest 9.XYZ sells @ $170.25K, YY.xyz $37.5K, 22.xyz $25.8K, ZZ.xyz $17.1K | DN Journal's TOP 20 New GTLDs 0
DNJournal.com Chinese Auction of .XYZ Domains Yields a 6-Figure Sale & 5 More That Took Spots on This Week's Chart The Lounge 0
domainking131 No more LLLL.xyz available New GTLDs 0
domainking131 .XYZ says they just “Blew Past” 2 million domain registrations New GTLDs 0
domainking131 An analysis of a domain acquisition 8888.xyz New GTLDs 0