Transfer .co.in

IT.com

SR1

I have a potential sale coming up on a .co.in name....The name is at Goodluckdomain.com.

Any suggestion on the best way to transfer. For .com, usually I ask the buyer to initiate the transfer and then unlock, provide auth code to buyer and accept it from my end.

Anyone transferred .co.in name from their Goodluckdomain account to another user ?
Is it better for the buyer to initiate transfer ?

I am looking for smooth transfers...any positive experience...would like to hear.

Would like to get your feedback, regardless of registrar...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that your sale works out!

I believe that Goodluckdomain.com has a push system that allows you to push the domain to the buyer's account. If the buyer doesn't have an account there, he can set one up for free.

The advantage of doing it this way is that it's really quick, and if you can do it this way, I'd recommend it.

Transferring a .co.in is pretty much like transferring a .com. First, you'll need to unlock the domain in your control panel.

Next, you'll need to get the domain's auth code from Goodluckdomain.com. I think you'll need to contact support for that - I don't think that they have a place to get it in their control panel.

Give the auth code to the buyer and then he can use that to initiate the transfer.

You can't transfer a .co.in if the domain is less than 60 days old, or has been transferred in the last 60 days.

Godaddy has a Generic domain Transfer guide, which is similar to all the Domain Registrars. It does not contains anything specific for GoodluckDomain. but is common for all registrars. As Jeff said .co.in is by no means different to a .com in terms of transferring
Here is the PDF. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the replies.

I am going to use the Push at Goodluckdomain when the sale goes through...

Just make sure you get payed before transferring, there are a lot of scammers out there. Also, read that pdf in the comments, it's very informative. Good luck with the sale.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom