The impact of Election 2014 on .IN and future of Indian Internet Growth?

IT.com

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
One of the political parties has just published its election manifesto today (delayed) and it mentions the word "Internet" once in its 40+ page document despite several other references to "e-learning" etc. It would be interesting to see how governance, marketing and administration of .IN domains under a possible new regime shapes up.

http://www.bjp.org/images/pdf_2014/full_manifesto_english_07.04.2014.pdf

Irrespective of the political outcome we surely continue to hope for the best.

I would not think of it that way, since internet is mentioned only once. I feel in the larger picture, whatever is good for India will be definitely be good for the .in domain extension. As simple as that. The direct correlation of a vibrant economy and the ccTLD prices of the country cannot be refuted. If BJP comes to power with Modi at helm & are able to implement 25% of whats in their manifesto & make progress towards the some of the other 25%, I would expect the prices to of .in domains to increase dramatically.Just my opinion.

At least one of the three main parties in the fray (the incumbent) is actively promoting its .IN website that too a LLL.in - LOL - maybe that should give us hope?

are you referring to INC.in? , it has been purchased for 3000+ USD I believe.. so its worth and good news to see they are finally using for a right cause... I really feel sorry for BJP , as they dont have a name like BJP.in , instead they are using BJP.org.. the other hand PM candidate NaMo is using the website Home | [url]www.narendramodi.in |[/URL] .. that's a good news for all .in investors..

[h=1]BJP IT cell head wants all online companies to set up servers in India[/h]
The national convenor of BJP’s IT cell Vinit Goenka believes that online companies need to store data of Indians in servers within the country for security and data sovereignty.
In a blog post, Goeka notes that many countries have changed their IT laws keeping developments such as cloud computing in mind and made it mandatory for companies to store customer data within the country the customer resides in. He says that India also needs to consider such a legislation.

BJP IT cell head wants all online companies to set up servers in India - MediaNama

It's the dawn of a re(new)ed "Vibrant India" today folks!

Visualize what is possible across this great nation, by visiting giftcity.in (consider it a preview), I see a buoyant start-up and digital economy across India which bodes well for the .IN domains!

This is bullshit....

People talk after election housing prices will sky rocket, Stock market will skyrocket. And now another BS .in will pick up. There is no direct logical correlation of these things with Election. Its just that its so easy to manipulate the mind of Mass.

Dude, .In will pickup anyway. BJP or Congress is not sitting decisive what TLD should rule.

This is bullshit....

People talk after election housing prices will sky rocket, Stock market will skyrocket. And now another BS .in will pick up. There is no direct logical correlation of these things with Election. Its just that its so easy to manipulate the mind of Mass.

Dude, .In will pickup anyway. BJP or Congress is not sitting decisive what TLD should rule.

With due respect your analysis is wrong about .in

Historically, the sales of .in domains by buyers in India were tied to economy in India. The Indian economy has been stagnant in last 5 years, no real investments were made, no growth. As a consequence sales of .in domains by Indians tapered off. Most of the big sales .in domains were from outside India. This tells you a lot of were Indian economy was heading. Folks in India were not too confident in buying .in domains.

That being said, a pro-Business BJP govt at the helm in next 5 years can see a tremendous surge in acquiring domains for end users. This could be any extension you can think off. But my hunch says that most will go after .in .You would most definitely see the Indian currency strengthening against the dollar, which means that the Indian domain buyer will have more buying power than he had all these years where conversion rate was NOT in favour of the buyer.

Just my two cents, but 'm lot more optimistic about .in domains now, then I was during Congress govt.

@ankur - I am NO DUDE and BS is not polite.... however interesting comments (sounds like frustration) - I am "party agnostic" - either way my wishes and hopes are based on extrapolation of what is feasible with this change or choice made by the masses, based on "real development and infrastructure" progress made in Gujarat.....I am resisting the temptation to comment on the individual elected to the high office, I leave that to other pundits. I was recharged with a similar mandate in US after eight bleak years - but feel let down six years hence....but what is life without hope anyway ....change is the only constant!

Last edited by a moderator:
With due respect your analysis is wrong about .in

'm lot more optimistic about .in domains now, then I was during Congress govt.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh...

The growth is internet is not correlated with Congress/ BJP or any party. It's an abolute organic growth, a call of time and not the high official.

Last edited by a moderator:
The growth is internet is not correlated with Congress/ BJP or any party. It's an abolute organic growth, a call of time and not the high official.

Really, so you mean to say that Govt has no hand in the economy growing thereby creating a demand in the first place ? So the economy grows organically also, if so, why was it not growing for last 5 years?

But I believe in India and Indian people. We will overcome China and America.

"overcome" ......I hope you mean overtake....we will in some aspects, India will be the epicenter of SaaS based solutions in the next 3-4 years, product innovation will emerge from here.... while next gen manufacturing will be the surprise sector given the prior track record in Gujarat...high speed rails, tech components etc. India 2020 will be at the cusp of transformation !!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom