Suffering from Insomnia

IT.com

Britney

Does anyone else here suffer from insomnia? I find myself going for days at a time without proper sleep - only getting an hour here and a couple of hours there. Is this normal? Should I be worried? I feel fine otherwise.

I have suffered insomnia before when some things in my life weren't going right. It is such a bad phase to go through. You could try to exercise a little bit and see if this will take the lack of sleep away.Going for days without sleep is not healthy at all.

I read somewhere that it isn't really necessary to sleep for a full 8 hours every day. Some of the greatest minds in human history have attested to this fact, one of them in particular Einstein is reported to have only slept for 2 hours each night.

I read somewhere that it isn't really necessary to sleep for a full 8 hours every day. Some of the greatest minds in human history have attested to this fact, one of them in particular Einstein is reported to have only slept for 2 hours each night.
I don't recall the last time I had straight 8 hours of sleep. For a young child or toddler, it is alright to sleep for that long. I average at least 5 to 6 hours daily. Talking of Einstein, 2 hours is really not healthy at all. It could be that his mind was always innovative and alert.

Healthy is relative. What's good for one person can be devastating for another. This goes for food, exercise, sleep etc. He was probably the most intelligent man that ever lived, so really there is no argument there.

I totally agree with you on that one. We all need to learn to listen to our bodies, and decide what is good for us as individuals. There is no one size fits all when it comes to our physical needs.

Can you share in which country and city you are living. In india insomnia problems are radiation related

Radiation? Isn't that really dangerous? Is anyone doing anything about it? I think we have a lot of pollution in our city too, but not as serious as radiation.

If I lay in bed sleeping for 8 hours, my back will give me a piece of its mind when I wake up.

Five is good for me, but I can make do with 3 or 4 if I need to, and these days I need to. There is a lot going on, business wise, that I need to be awake for, so self-induced insomnia is the order of the day.

I don't suffer from insomnia, I don't think I ever have, but I don't need 8 hours either. It's nice when i get it, but I don't need it.

The amount of sleep you get is purely psychological. There is a time I used to get 3 or 4 hours of sleep daily and it was purely circumstantial. A certain organization had outsourced a service and my company had landed the contract. It was hectic, but still manageable, I don't recall the last time I had 8 hours of sleep.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom