Some .asia domain name for appraisal

IT.com

samyak_bhuta

Hello All,

This is my first post and I am delighted to see a dedicated desi forum for domaining. Sometimes, understanding of culture and context that is India is crucial while valuing the worth of a domain. As this forum has more desi minds, feedback can be really helpful.

I would request you to provide appraisal on the following .asia domain. They are expiring on the 7th of April, 2009.

Domains .....

i18n.asia - Stands for "internationalization", a very known and used term in software and web development community.

inkscape.asia - The most popular free and open source vector graphic software for making cliparts, logos, brochure etc etc ( Similar to Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw). There is derth of clip art graphics targeting the asian context and mindset, this site can be developed to be a resource for such content and artist community to hang out and develop such content.

jobjunction.asia - Jobs are in demand whether in US , Europe or Asia.

linuxbox.asia - For any Linux machine. Techies tend to tell there machine "box". Great for any Linux enthusiastic or community or hosting company - end user value.

hostbox.asia - same as above, but could appeal to any end user and not particular to Linux.

linuxforums.asia - There is again a lack of forces joining together at continental level when it comes to Linux or Opensource community building. Could be a great internet destination for such common platform.

quickfacts.asia - As more and more people are attracted towards the opportunity that are brought by asian countries, more and more people want to search about various statistical and other facts about those country. Could be developed as a resource center/reference center for getting all such "facts".

co2credits.asia - As the green house effect envelopes the mother earth more and more stricter norms are expected for industry. Asian countries are quickly emerging as exporter of the Co2Credits ( Carbon Credits ).

propertyexchange.asia - For any business ( esp. real estate ) oriented site.
tradepoint.asia - For any business oriented site.

schoolsandcolleges.asia - listing and directory for education institutes.

straightdrive.asia
translucent.asia

lovetalk.asia
datingpoint.asia
gossippoint.asia

20twentycricket.asia - To ride on the fever of the new format of the game.

cricketcrazy.asia - It forms a single sentence. I.e. Cricekt Crazy Asia.

indiancricketleague.asia - The ICL from Zee TV Group of companies

gujju.asia - Gujarati Community Website.
mallu.asia - Malayalam Community Website

bharath.asia - bharath = India ! Great for subdomaining as well.

e.g tamilnadu.bharath.asia, jaipur.rajasthan.bharath.asia, amit.kumar@chandnichowk.delhi.bharath.asia

Cheers,

Samyak

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Samyak!

I don't know much about .asia values, but I just wanted to welcome you to INForum.

Jeff, thanks again :).

But, I need to have some sort of appraisal for this. Could you point me to a place where I can discuss such niche segement ? Are they worth their registration cost ?

Regards,

Samyak

Give it a day or two here and someone may be able to help.

Most people here concentrate on .in and .co.in domains.

For one, inkscape is trademarked so that is worth nothing. .Asia is viewed as a joke tld and really doesn't have much value right now. Always subject to change if it actually becomes embraced by asian countries.

i like the way you converted bharath.asia into complete address subdomains,interesting!(but is it bharat or bharath?).same take as gs above..

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for helping me out.

Actually Bharat is (was ?) reserved by the .asia issuing authority during the landrush. It is their oversight that they have missed the "bharath" which how it is written in across south India.

The subdomaining concept has a great value. As internet is place where identity trust is of crucial importance for e-commerce, social context ( web2.0 ) as well as other purposes, this can be easy way to establish trustful identity. You have to ask user to register *only* with a copy of photo identity proof. Once registered, the user can be trusted everywhere. The id given is also specific to the address proof submitted. It is also easy for other people to know where the user come from without asking.

E.g (1). I can only have id samyak.bhuta@baroda.gujarat.india.asia and not samyak.bhuta@surat.gujarat.india.asia as I have not submitted any photo id of such sort. Beside trustful id people do take pride for place they come from and such naming just satisfy their need of association. It is individual's regionalism in it positive form ! People will actually want to go for such id.

E.g (2) bharath.asia Id for organization or office.
cakeshop@andheri.mumbai.bharath.asia.

Technology like openID helps great way here. With such trustful openID account they need not register to every site and can use single id/password.

Basically with this concept i see following thing happening.
* Email and Webmail, chatting etc. with username for life

* User authentication and access control ( e.g openID )
where people have a strong reason to trust the user as it has been varified user.

* Automatic filtering of users ( great value from marketing point of view )
* And many more application service based on this simple concept.

Also, You cannot have it with any other TLD or ccTLD as .asia is the only TLD which is a full name of a continent.

I hope I have communicated my idea well. Let me know if you have any quries, I will try to resolve it.

Regards,

Samyak

GS, I would repeat ... ".asia is the only TLD which is a full name of a continent." ... the word full is important. One need not make anybody aware about what "asia" means, it has been mentioned in textbook. In the concept I have mentioned the term "asia" is also indicates a geographical superset, a wide region with multiple old ancient cultures and abundance of opportunity.

Also, The word "asia" being a dictionary term becomes a keyword in itself. So, when you say "cricketcrazy.asia" there are three key words in it "cricket" "crazy" and "asia".

I hope I have made my point clear.

Cheers,

Samyak

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom