Search Google before buying a domain name

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Most people do some sort of due diligence before buying a domain name. They want to make sure the domain name was not stolen and that it is being sold by its rightful owner before agreeing to buy it. There are several other things I look at when buying a domain name, and there are a variety of tools that I use to do this due diligence.

One of the easiest ways to do cursory due diligence is by using Google. I simply visit Google.com and type in the domain name. Obviously a Google search is free, and it pulls important information from a vast number of sources, many of which I may not even have considered looking at.

Some of the things I consider before buying a domain name, besides the provenance and ownership history of the domain name include:

• UDRP status (current and past decisions)
  • History of litigation
  • Prior sales prices
  • Auction listings
  • News stories covering the usage of the domain name
  • Trademark status
Source

JackD

Country flag
Yes, I look at WIPO and also whether Google has blocked the website because of spam and/or content on the website. If Google has blocked a site it will take some effort on your part to have it unblocked.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan ATTENTION REQUIRED !!! : Now page experience can become a ranking factor in Google search Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Google helps in these uncertain times with its new CoronaVirus website and expanded COVID19 search Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Favicons in Google search results maybe not be forever Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Google Search liaison tweets about domain names Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Domain names make a comeback in the Google search results Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Who exactly stands to benefit if Google removes URLs from search results Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Google now has two new tools to understand your videos’ performance in Search Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Now find fresher data on Google Search Console Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan How Google seems to have lost part of the search index! Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Google adds "Discover" data to Search Console Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Sedo revitalizes its expired domain auction search ; allows search by SEO and Google metrics Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan John Colascione: Google Search Console Consolidates Common Variations Into Single Domain Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Google : Now offers “domain properties” in Search Console Resources 0
JulienJ Google rolling out mobile-first search indexing Marketing Your Website 1
JackD No more “view image” option in #Google search The Lounge 0
domainking131 Google Won't Change Search Results Based On Google Domain Names Anymore Webmaster Forum 2
owl Google Searches Now Focus on Your Actual Location, Not the ccTLD in Your Search Non-Indian Domains 2
domainking131 Women are spending more time on Google search than men. Here’s what they are looking for The Lounge 0
R India says Google may have rigged search results General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
domainking131 Did Wikipedia Take An Organic Hit In Google Search? Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Google reiterates how new TLDs are handled in search results New GTLDs 0
R Debonairblog - appraisal? high search volume in google Adult Domains 0
Jeff Dangers of Google removing urls from mobile search Webmaster Forum 0
domainking131 Google Wins Rights to Two Other New gTLDs : .Map and .Search New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Indian Engineers develop an app that could make people stop using Google Search The Lounge 0
domainking131 Google upgrades mobile-friendly sites in search result Non-Indian Domains 0
CyberKing Google Inc to reward secure websites with better search ranking Webmaster Forum 4
CyberKing App Indexing - Google aims to bridge gap between apps and web (search) The Lounge 0
CyberKing Big Changes Are Coming To Google Search Results -- Are You Ready? Webmaster Forum 0
CyberKing How Google Search Works The Lounge 1
R Google introduces new search algorithm General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
A [HELP]My website disappeared from google search Webmaster Forum 7
T why "york" has so many google search ,I register york.co.in Domain Appraisals 2
diyakapoor Google exact search and broad search Webmaster Forum 1
Jeff Google Instant Search Webmaster Forum 5
M Google or Bing Image Search? Webmaster Forum 6
Ceres Google India: Voice Search on Mobiles The Lounge 2
Ceres Want Pizza? Use Google Phone Search The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver's favourite search on NameBio Resources 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy's latest update: Add to Cart and Advanced Search Features Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Alvin Brown on how to search GoDaddy Domain Auctions using the “old” API Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Verisign now has a domain search ranking patent Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Interview: Dofo wants to improve domain search Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Michael Cyger's two cents on the importance of Exact Match Search Volume and CPC Metrics Resources 0
Prashant Sharan New Features On GoDaddy: Search and Watchlist capabilities in the Investor App Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy Whois search page helps you contact the registrant with an official GoDaddy mail Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Namecheap brings forth a cool new feature to domain search Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast: Leveraging the search engine value of expired domains Resources 0
sellercunha Lithium Batteries - 27,1k search monthly Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Totally agree: These search parameters and features will improve domain discoverability Resources 0