Ron Jackson finally owns DomainNameJournal.com domain name

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
The most trusted blog in the Domain Industry, the go-to place for weekly sales, cover stories and very popular for 'The Lowdown', DNJournal.com owner Ron Jackson finally owns the domain name DomainNameJournal.com

While he already owned the other variants of his domain like DomainJournal.com and NameJournal.com, he did not own the most important name that his site represents.
However, the domain expired recently and Ron got the domain for just $250.

Here is what he replied when asked why he did not buy the domain earlier:

I don’t know if you know the story behind that domain. Goes all the way back to the end of 2002 when I asked people at DNForum to help me pick a name from a few options I listed. They picked DNJournal which I liked best as well, so I registered that name. Within a few days, some other forum member from Canada (forget his name – Lorenzo or something like that) registered DomainNameJournal.com and tried to sell it to me. At the time I was too stupid to consider registering other variations of the name. He has held it for 12 years and I was determined I would never let him profit from it (at least from me as I thought his initial action was a dick move). Others who inquired said he wanted $1500. I would have gone that high in this auction but would never have given it to him.”

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan GGRG Founder Giuseppe Graziano interview's DN Journal's Ron Jackson Resources 0
Prashant Sharan NamesCOn 2020: Ron Jackson wins the Lonnie Borck Memorial Award Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Ron Jackson : 20 Big City .Com GeoDomains Offered in Unprecedented Portfolio Sale Resources 0
anquest Ron Jackson Will Be (Physically) Attending DomainX Bangalore (Fri., August 7 - Sat., August 8, 2015) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
domainking131 Ron Jackson shares images from South Florida Domain Pros Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest QNB.com Sells For $1 Million​ | The 'DN Journal' Weekly TOP 20 Sales | Ron Jackson Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest POWER.com Sells For Nearly $1.3 Million | Ron Jackson | DN Journal Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest The "Booming Chinese Domain Market is Beckoning" | Ron Jackson | DN Journal Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest The $100K Coffee.CLUB SALE | Ron Jackson on "Why Bill McClure Agreed to Pay $100,000" New GTLDs 0
anquest DAY 2 | T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East 2014 | Miami Beach | Photos / Highlights by Ron Jackson The Lounge 0
domainking131 Domainers wish the Domain Mogul, Ron Jackson on his 40th Birthday!! Non-Indian Domains 1
OzDomainer Podcast Interview with Ron Jackson DNJournal.com Non-Indian Domains 4
Prashant Sharan Our fellow domainer, Ron Wells, needs our monetary assistance to fight COVID-19 Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Ron Johnson analyses the effect of Covid_19 on domaining business Resources 0
CyberKing Where are India's Frank, Rick and Ron? The Lounge 2
domainking131 Michael Jackson’s Estate Wants KingOfPop.com Shut down Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest T.R.A.F.F.​I.C. East 2014 | Miami Beach | Opening Night Photos/Highlights, R. Jackson The Lounge 0
T Michael Jackson Domain Names Domain Appraisals 4
Jeff The Indian Michael Jackson General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
Prashant Sharan Uniregistry's persistence finally sees the light of the day Resources 0
Prashant Sharan .gay domain finally has a winner New GTLDs 0
JulienJ Google’s $25 million .app domain finally has a launch date New GTLDs 0
JulienJ GoDaddy (finally) integrates Afternic into Domain Manager Registrars 0
JulienJ GoDaddy finally gets an Austin office Registrars 0
JulienJ Donuts (finally) wins .Charity dispute, clearing path to .charity domain names New GTLDs 0
Tiger "Heart of India" Finally Comes Home? For Sale 3
domainking131 Brexit is hot, Trump is finally not Non-Indian Domains 0
CyberKing Softee Arrives FINALLY! microsoftstore. in Launch Soon! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
R Full Domain Scanning Solution - Including Private Proxies ! Finally !! Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 4
the_poet Firefox 4 Is Finally Available For Download The Lounge 1
Jeff IDNs finally here? Indian IDNs 9
A Christians.in SOLD finally... General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
R Finally [url removed] Domain is for Sale For Sale 0
A Yog.IN finally available for SALE For Sale 6