Recession's impact on the domain name industry

Prashant Sharan

Country flag
I was talking with someone earlier this week and they asked me a question that I haven’t thought about much – “What impact would a recession have on the domain name industry?”

I couldn’t answer the question so I told the person I would think about it and maybe write a post with my thoughts and pose the question to my readers as well…and yup, this is that post. So here’s what I’ve been thinking over the last few days.

Full article link

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan 2008 vs 2020: Bala Gr analyzes domains in a global recession Resources 0
Ceres Recession Beaters: India 3rd on List The Lounge 3
Jeff India Could Help End Recession The Lounge 0
Ceres Are Domain Names Recession Proof? Non-Indian Domains 0
Jeff The Recession Moves Online? The Lounge 4
jigyasa Effect of US recession in India The Lounge 1
Prashant Sharan Covid19 is going to have a big negative impact on ICANN budgets Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Shane Cultra on coronavirus's impact on domaining Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Your top level domains can impact site performance Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Price control removal will have a long term impact on the domaining Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Winners of the 1st Annual .ORG impact awards Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Domain age does not impact SEO Resources 2
Prashant Sharan PIR launched The .ORG Impact Awards to recognize achievements in the .ORG Community Non-Indian Domains 0
A How will the removal of 500 and 1000 rupee notes impact domain selling/buying? Business and Economy 3
domainking131 Does the page load time of a landing page impact the number of inbound offers you get? Webmaster Forum 0
domainking131 How Will a Chinese Economic Hard Landing Impact Domain Investors? Business and Economy 2
domainking131 How A Decline in the Chinese Economy Will Impact Domains Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Impact of falling Chinese stock market on domain names Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 How will the new .tickets impact the way people buy tickets online New GTLDs 0
CyberKing Govt Approves Rs 1L Crore For Digital India Project - What if any is the impact 4 .IN General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
CyberKing The impact of Election 2014 on .IN and future of Indian Internet Growth? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 15
DNJournal.com 17 Domain Experts Dish on What Happened in 2013 & How New gTLDs Will Impact 2014 The Lounge 0
Ceres Impact of Google's Map Maker in India The Lounge 0
DNJournal.com Vehicle.com Keeps Monte Cahn at Top of Domain Sales Chart, Morgan Linton Also Lights Up Leader Board The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan End user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Sedo routes its brokerage service through domain name registrars Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Check the Name Servers before renewing an expired domain name Resources 0
T What is Domain Parking and Domain Life Cycle in the Digital World? Parking 0
Prashant Sharan Chinese Domains : Kassey Lee reviews recent numeric domain name sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Companies can’t register every domain that can be used to attack them Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Kassey Lee : Does your domain have a genuine end user prospect ? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan .Club registry and other domain name extensions to benefit from “Booking.com” ruling Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy finds restructuring justified even though its domain name business is doing well Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Swartz again lists his domain purchase prices Resources 0
Prashant Sharan This Emoji domain makes waves New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Alvin Brown on how to search GoDaddy Domain Auctions using the “old” API Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Chinese Domains: Kassey Lee reviews 4-character domain sales in May Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Watch Michael Cyger’s domain name quarantine social #16 Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Chinese Domains: Kassey Lee reviews recent 4-letter domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
L Some good .com domain names for sale.have brand value For Sale / Advertising 0
Prashant Sharan End User Domain Sales Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Three Sales Totaling Over Half a Million Dollars Take Top Spots on This Week's Domain Sales Chart The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan Attention!!! Domainers : The new domain name scam in town Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Verisign now has a domain search ranking patent Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Coronavirus domain registrations have crossed 600,000 Non-Indian Domains 0
L Sale of domain names for many purposes, Many categories Non-India Related Domains 0
L Some good .com domain names for sale. See if there's anything you like. Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Solanki is selling a domain name a day outbound Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Alvin Brown on from being a SEM expert to becoming Domain Industry expert in 2 Years Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Edison Investment Research publishes report on CentralNic ; discusses domain parking business Resources 0