Part 1 of the Domain Sales Shake-up Story

Prashant Sharan

Country flag
In this article I’m going to propose an idea that could be very unpopular amongst domain speculators but wildly popular amongst domain investors. Yes, there is a difference between those two camps and it’s this difference that needs to be highlighted.

If we are to look at the domain aftermarket, there are really two major and a host of second tier (not second rate) marketplaces. If I was running either Afternic/Godaddy or Sedo I would look at two things:
1. How I could remove the garbage domains from my marketplace.
2. How I could make more money from brokerage.

The garbage domain problem is a real issue. When a person searches for a domain they are often presented a host a trash that covers the real gems that should be highlighted. How would I solve this problem? Easy, tax the domains.

Source

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
domainking131 The Big Issues in the Domain Industry - Part 1 Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Frank Schilling’s Brother-In-Law Made $35k In His First Year As A Part-Time Domain Investor Non-Indian Domains 0
DomainSherpa $40K Annual Profit from Part-time Brandable Domain Name Investing – With Doron Vermaat The Lounge 4
webmaster75 Domain names - price start from 1 $ /month Part 1 Non-India Related Domains 2
R Protecting Your Domain Name Part I General Indian Domain Name Discussion 8
Prashant Sharan Michael Gilmour is now part of a Series Master Class Videos Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Ryan Estrada on how his 9-part drama podcast Big Data about stealing the keys to the internet came together Resources 0
Prashant Sharan JustBalls.com becomes a part of Elon Musk trial Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan 14 three-letter .com domains are part of GreatDomains auction Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Seattle.com is now part of Extraordinary Portfolio of big city domains Offered by Geocentric Media Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan How Google seems to have lost part of the search index! Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Was Collect.com sale a part of the $350k Bankruptcy Deal? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Mgilmour: Part 3 – Traffic Test – Improving the Revenue Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Let's talk about latest "new gTLD" part of our portfolios. New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Bankera Releases Details On Its Upcoming ICO: Be Part Of A Banking Revolution Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 BSNL offers 20 GB 3G internet for Rs 50; Data can be shared by users residing in any part of India Business and Economy 3
domainking131 Auction.com now part of Ten-X Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 20-Year Post Part 2; gTLD’s: A post by Rick Schwartz Non-Indian Domains 0
W A part of my portfolio...please help with appraisal! Domain Appraisals 4
B 200 excellent generic .in domains for sale, part 1 For Sale 1
R Become Part of NIXI Fellowship Programme General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
K Part Timer OR Full Timer The Lounge 10
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Domain Name is Subject to Re-Pricing Resources 0
D Is there any .in domain investor owning more than 100 .in domains alone? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Prashant Sharan Rick Swartz : Domain is the central point of everything Resources 0
Prashant Sharan It's easier than before to start private party domain auctions on NameJet Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Last week's end user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Michael Cyger discusses the SEO benefits of domain names Resources 0
Prashant Sharan DomainSherpa: Jothan Frakes talks about Full Utility of a Domain in the present and the future Resources 0
Nishith Appraisal for a .COM Domain Domain Appraisals 2
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast: Domain leasing and selling domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Two weeks left for the world’s first Domain Flipping competition to end Resources 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy releases its first domain name sales report in years! Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan IPinfo comes with domain data service Host.io Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan READ THIS: Morgan Linton on how to sell domain names Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Domain names sell for six-figures every day Resources 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy starts releasing their top domain sales Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Kickass Commerce Podcast: Oliver Hoger discusses Bulk Domain Buying and Selling Patterns Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Kassey Lee: Use Benmi to check domain sales in China Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton one the one big mistake startups make when trying to buy a domain name Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Michael Saylor, the CEO of MicroStrategy, predicts a massive boom in domain values Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Past week end user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver's ideal domain auction platform Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Efty launches new domain marketplace Registrars 0
G Interesting use of a premium .xyz domain - Property.xyz New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Andrew Allemann advises us to audit our domain name portfolio Resources 0
Prashant Sharan You can submit your domain questions for the DNW Podcast Resources 0
Prashant Sharan End user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Chinese Domains: How to use domain registrars in China in English Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Trump takedown domain on sale for ridiculous fee Non-Indian Domains 0