Need Help! whats the safe way to sale domain

kuldeep

Hi

I received an offer for one my domain. I just wanted to know how should I handle it.

Is it good to go for escrow service. any recommendation.

How do you handle it.

--Kuldeep

Last edited by a moderator:

chandan

Country flag
sedo , escrow is better to choose.

its better to tell us abt amount and how it got offer. also careful abt appraisal scams

Ceres

What is appraisal scam ?

It's when the other party tries to get you to use a domain valuation company before agreeing to complete the domain transaction (they usually have some kind of vested interest in the domain appraisal company). See more info here.

kuldeep

Yes, he is asking to be get appraised by specific company, and that company website does not look trust worthy, I think its a scam mail.

Anyways I will reply him to deduct the appraisal cost from 2500$ and buy it if he is interested. :)

Thanks for helping me out..

jincyadebayor

Yes Kuldeep, tell them you do the appraisal and deduct the amount from $2500 and send the rest to you :)

This scam is going on from the last 5-6 yrs, there must be people falling for it, otherwise it would have stopped long back. Its like the 419 scam in the domain world :)

Thanx
Jincy Adebayor

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Domainers come together on Twitter to help those in need Resources 0
Raman Need Graphics Designing Help Webmaster Forum 1
IamAnhart Need help with choosing a VPS host Hosting 2
Y I need help, Babys.in Domain Appraisals 4
domainking131 Doing Deals With Chinese Investors ? They may need your help to complete transfer New GTLDs 0
domainking131 A Domainer In Need – Please Help Non-Indian Domains 1
P Need Help (Auctioning on Sedo) General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
U Need help in selling com domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
the_poet Need help on evaluating this share-related domain Domain Appraisals 4
C Need urgent feedback, please help! Legal Issues and Dispute 3
D I lost domain rate.in and I cannot login into my Mitsu account - need help General Indian Domain Name Discussion 23
S NEED help JAVA problem Webmaster Forum 1
D Need Domain Parking Suggestion. Kindly Help me out! Parking 1
A Domain Disputed - Need Very urgent help Legal Issues and Dispute 1
R just regged (dollar domains dot in) - NEED HELP :( General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
H Need your help. desidownload.in & visakhapatanam.in Domain Appraisals 5
D Price Guide Like Naaptol.com - Need Help Development Options 3
D Need Help !! Legal Issues and Dispute 4
D Need help General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
P This is priyanka.. need help with website.. The Lounge 2
G What you need to know about domain security and EPP codes - GoDaddy blog Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Do we really need domain name appraisal services? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan You might need a license to operate a web server in the future Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan You will now need a PIN Number to talk to Sedo’s customer service Registrars 0
CyberKing Need Growth? Join the Link Exchange Platform - Linkgy.com Marketing Your Website 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy customers need to use 2FA for Customer Support Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Your web address and site may need to reflect patent ownership for its protection Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Domain marketplaces need a two-factor authentication Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Rick's musings: Need, Want, Desire, Value, Demand, Timing & Location Resources 0
C Possible price increase by Verisign for .com TLD, need to rally Business and Economy 0
J In Need of an Escrow Service? Resources 0
D Need marketing and SEO tips? Try SEObook. Resources 2
jedi Domain MakeBreakfast.in - need to sell now! For Sale 0
domainking131 Why Freelance Platforms Need Improvements Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Does Bitcoin Really Need Wall Street? Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Domain Investors Need To Learn Some Trademark Law Legal Issues and Dispute 1
domainking131 The one tip startup founders need to know about tracking down domain name owners Resources 3
F Need Advice from Experienced domainers General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Irfan Shafi Need a Broker to sell my Indian news website General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Bazil patel freelist.co.in let me know i need a quick sale For Sale 0
H New .in Droplist Service - need BETA testers Resources 15
domainking131 If you need to read some fantastic inspirational stories, here is a website The Lounge 1
domainking131 A Hand Reg Home Run and Why You Need Patience Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Why you need the perfect domain name General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
domainking131 How did they hide their billions – Things you need to know about Panama Papers The Lounge 0
bourseindia I need Entertainment related domain? Websites 1
Will Few names for sale (need renewal) For Sale 4
domainking131 Domain Name Mistakes You Need to Avoid Resources 3
Ace India Becomes World’s Fastest Growing Economy: What Investors Need to Know Resources 0
T Need Premium .in domains ,paid $xxxx for each. Domains Wanted 50