melamine

IT.com

Mei

do you believe that those chinese products mentioned to have melamine is true? i actually still eat chocolates that are said to have melamine and nothing happened. do you they still need further research about this?

Hi Mei, I'm not sure how much melamine can affect your health but according to a Canadian study:

Health effects from exposure to melamine vary depending on the amount and duration of exposure. Scientific research indicates that effects to the bladder and kidneys, such as bladder stones and chronic kidney inflammation, can be seen if exposed to high enough levels of melamine. Exposure to low levels would not carry great risk, but significant exposure can lead to bladder stones, which, in turn, may result in kidney failure and, in some rare cases, death.
Source: Melamine

I also read that the FDA will not let certain foods from China cross their border until the FDA has performed tests on the food.

I don't even know what this 'Melamine' is. Is it some form of chemical or additional ingredient in certain products?

I don't even know what this 'Melamine' is. Is it some form of chemical or additional ingredient in certain products?

Yes, it's a synthetic chemical found in pesticides, fertilizers, cleaning products etc. It is alleged that China has been adding melamine to animal feeds, wheat gluten, rice protein, and powdered milk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melamine exposure is very dangerous to our health. Even though some has a minimal amount melamine stacks out. So it means that the longer you eat food exposed to this the greater amount you will encounter. Melamine is not for food.

do you believe that those chinese products mentioned to have melamine is true? i actually still eat chocolates that are said to have melamine and nothing happened. do you they still need further research about this?
Of course I do! And I think it is the serious threat for the health to consume products with melamine. I think that the government must pay much more attention to the import of products.

The Indian government has just announced that they are banning chocolates from China:

Chocolate lovers are in for disappointment as the government on Monday night announced ban on import of cheap chocolates and chocolate products from China.

The ban, notified by the Commerce Ministry, covers chocolates and chocolate products, candies, confectioneries and other food preparations with milk or milk solid used as their ingredients.

The ban has been imposed for six months with immediate effect.

Besides, the prohibition on import of milk and milk products has also been extended by another six months up to June 23, 2009.

Source: India Today Group Online

This issue is getting serious every day. The Chinese products need to be banned as every time we come to know that there is some or the other problem associated with these products.

I was wonder that China is exporting stuff to many other countries- furnishing items, clothing, eatables etc, but how come the things are accepted there. Is it that China maintains good quality for the things that are sent to developed countries and China feels that it can send any damn thing to India and can get away with that.

Sanju123, it's not just in India that these products are turning up; it's all over the world. USA, UK, Canada, Australia and many more countries.

I do agree that the issue seems to be getting more serious every day. Reported cases of melamine-related deaths are increasing.

it's all over the world. USA, UK, Canada, Australia and many more countries.

But are these low quality products acceptable in these countries?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom